OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter does not work on Raspberry Pi3B+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried the latest version of the Raspberry Pi3+. Used a working SD card with the latest updated Raspian software and the OpenPlotter software.

The system does not boot. Stays in Rainbow screen with flash indicator.

Info seems have to be used a later version of Noobs. I'am now trying if it boots with Stretch.

Bram
The problem does not get away with Linux Stretch. The cause is the Noobs installer. It also does not update with update/upgrade or dist-upgrade.

Waiting for a solution.

Bram
Try to rewrite th Image
(2018-03-18, 12:10 PM)chris3333 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to rewrite th Image

That does not work.

The only solution is to replace the NOOBS version for a newer one. It is no simple update, but it can be done.

My Raspberry Pi3+ is now running OpperPlotter including the oeSENC charts.

Tested the speed of the graphics with GLXgears.

vblank_mode=0 glxgears

It is now running at 730 Frames per Second (FPS).

Regards,

Bram
I have the same issue.  I accidentally blew up my uarts on the pi 2 so purchased whats available a 3 b  and the noobs installer does not work.  any update on ths?
(2018-03-18, 07:20 PM)pcmm Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue.  I accidentally blew up my uarts on the pi 2 so purchased whats available a 3 b  and the noobs installer does not work.  any update on ths?

Yes, it can solved by replacing the present Noob with the latest one. It is no simple upgrade but it is possible and working here with all the OpenPlotter add-ons and oeSenc cards in place.

You find the answer here:

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/qu...bs-sd-card

I only replaced the NOOB. I run in a problem of the folder of mnt/d1 message full. But you allready have Raspbian on your system. Therefore remove in NOOB folder /os/Raspian, because it is not needed.

Now running fast with 730 FPS.

Bram
The new raspberry 3B+ force us to release the new stretch image ASAP. This new model is a new machine that the current openplotter NOOBS is not ready for. The problem is that we are working on some big changes that need some time (new HAT, pypilot, new signal k server...). We are working hard.
(2018-03-19, 07:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]The new raspberry 3B+ force us to release the new stretch image ASAP. This new model is a new machine that the current openplotter NOOBS is not ready for. The problem is that we are working on some big changes that need some time (new HAT, pypilot, new signal k server...). We are working hard.

Hi Sailoog

Thanks for the update and you guys do sound very busy!

Is it worth updating the existing Openplotter download with the new NOOBS files that run on the new hardware?
People can then use the new hardware and you give yourself some extra time to complete the next update (which we are all looking forward to!)

Cheers!
It works great here in my Raspberry Pi3 B+.

Just switched from Jessie to Linux Stretch OS and looked at the GLXgears again.

OpenPlotter on Stretch is now running at 925 FPS. (vblank_mode=0 glxgears)

Same setup as before.

Bram
(2018-03-19, 07:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]The new raspberry 3B+ force us to release the new stretch image ASAP. This new model is a new machine that the current openplotter NOOBS is not ready for. The problem is that we are working on some big changes that need some time (new HAT, pypilot, new signal k server...). We are working hard.

Dear Sailoog,

a lot of users have the latest Raspberry Pi3 B+. Using OpenPlotter does not work, simply because the present Noobs version does not fit with the Raspberry Pi3B+.

It can be done by replacing Noobs with the latest version. But it is for a newby not so easy to do.

For OpenPlotter it can simple be solved with the release of an interim update version with the Noobs conversion included.

The latest Noobs also works on older Raspberry Pi's. That is not the problem.

I understand you are still very busy with 1.0.0 release. Was annouced some time a go as "soon". Stretch is here allready running for for months.

Regards,

Bram
Pages: 1 2