OpenMarine

Full Version: Thermal Printer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to add a thermal printer to openplotter to print a "distress" file with info about position and radio procedures.
Can I follow this page to start with?
http://natemcbean.com/2012/11/rpi-thermal-printer/
Tnks a lot

Rpi3
Op 0.17
Hi, 
I don't know if you can follow that instructions or not. Obviously, you haven't to install a raspbian, because you do have installed one.

But I want to give you some advice, as I'm a Linux user (and I have been a beginner, and perhaps I am already...). Excuse me if it isn't necessary... 

Quote:Change the file /boot/cmdline.txt with your favorite text editor (remember to sudo edit because its a normally locked file). You need to remove references to the /dev/ttyAMA0 device. For me, this changed from

Before you make some changes in such a configuration file, I recommend you to make a copy of that file in a term:

Code:
sudo cp /path/file /path/file.backup
In the example, sudo cp /boot/cmdline.txt /boot/cmdline.txt.backup 
(cp is a console command to copy a file or directory)

If after edition you have some problem, you can restore the original file with this command, for example:

Code:
sudo cp /boot/cmdline.txt.backup /boot/cmdline.txt

Good luck  Wink
(2018-04-25, 03:51 PM)Otoio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
I don't know if you can follow that instructions or not. Obviously, you haven't to install a raspbian, because you do have installed one.

But I want to give you some advice, as I'm a Linux user (and I have been a beginner, and perhaps I am already...). Excuse me if it isn't necessary... 

Quote:Change the file /boot/cmdline.txt with your favorite text editor (remember to sudo edit because its a normally locked file). You need to remove references to the /dev/ttyAMA0 device. For me, this changed from

Before you make some changes in such a configuration file, I recommend you to make a copy of that file in a term:

Code:

If after edition you have some problem, you can restore the original file with this command, for example:

Code:

Good luck  Wink

Tnks a lot!!!
But /dev/ttyAMA0 make me in doubt .....

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
(2018-04-30, 01:31 AM)callmecalanca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-25, 03:51 PM)Otoio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

Code:

Code:

Good luck  Wink

Tnks a lot!!!
But /dev/ttyAMA0 make me in doubt .....

Can I utilize /dev/tty/AMA0 for the printer or I will compromise some openplotter features?

(2018-04-30, 10:49 AM)callmecalanca Wrote: [ -> ]Can I  utilize /dev/tty/AMA0 for the printer or I will compromise some openplotter features?

Excuse me, but I am a beginner in OpenPlotter and in raspbian to give you an answer  Sad  .

I hope you'll get some help.
a lot easier to print laminate this and post it near the radio.
[attachment=265]
(2018-04-30, 01:33 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]a lot easier to print laminate this and post it near the radio.

Tnks a lot!!! Amazing idea !!! I will build a laminate machine!!!!

good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!