OpenMarine

Full Version: Raytheon ST1000+ and Pypilot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my St1000+ working with Pypilot. It's connected to OpenPlotter with a serial to usb converter (the one from sailoog website).

No problem for basic connexion, but i get this error message:

Autopilot errors: no motor controller!

Anyone can help me fix this ?

Thank you !
(2018-06-01, 11:44 AM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a motor controller?

Well... I thought that the pilot itself had his own, as it can work standalone. But you are putting a light on my lack of knowledge about autopilots.

I will need more details about this. For now, what I undertand is that I should not use Pypilot for this precise case, and try to control it via Opencpn, with "regular" nmea sentences.
(2018-06-01, 11:44 AM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a motor controller?
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/wiki/controller

Lifting this good ol' thread. I am about to start digging into Autopilot integration. I have a Raymarine St1000 (yeah - don't even get me started, but I am getting broke so no new - yet...) and I want to use it with Openplotter and OpenCpn, and as I understand it, the logical interface for it is Pypilot. I also want the autopilot to be able to receive N2K commands such as waypoints from my B&G Vulcan. This is accomplished through protokoll conversion in SignalK as I understand it. However, I am uncertain how the whole shebang ties in together and I need some help. I (will) have an MPU9250 attached to my RPI, so that will be in place. 

Do I simply attach the ST1000 to my Rpi with a serial to USB RS232 connector, enable Signal K conversion to NMEA0183 and then what? 
Can I use a simple USB to TTL serial cable like this: https://www.electrokit.com/en/product/ca...3-3v-male/

Also - can I use the Raymarine Autopilot app in Signal K or is that for NMEA2000 only?

I've really TRIED to search the forum for answers, but I am striking out here, so please help. In the long run I would like to be able to create events controlling my autopilot - preferably with as little extra hardware as possible.
ST1000 will only communicate using SeaTalk, the ST1000+ has an NMEA interface as well.

So you need to convert between NMEA and SeaTalk 1.
(2020-02-19, 10:35 PM)northwind Wrote: [ -> ]ST1000 will only communicate using SeaTalk, the ST1000+ has an NMEA interface as well.

So you need to convert between NMEA and SeaTalk 1.

It is a ST 1000+...