OpenMarine

Full Version: How to find license file for O-charts charts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, when I am on the web site for O-chart and want to register a new hardware, I have to find the license file on my RPI. How do I do that when I can't see the hidden libraries? I have managed to install anyway by making /.opencpn visible and copying the license file to the desktop from where I could insert it for the O-charts page.
How do the rest of you handle this? Is it supposed to work this way? Maybe a question for the OE-senc plugin?

/Olle
set view|show hidden files in the file manager

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
(2018-06-04, 08:04 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]set view|show hidden files in the file manager

I know PaddyB. But that option is not at hand and does not inflict the interface you have when you open the file search in O-charts as I recall it. I did that in file handler and could therefor copy the file into desktop.
/Olle
Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

(2018-06-04, 09:11 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

Yes right, but a common user starting with OP as an easy access to RPI and the O-charts for Norway or Sweden will not be a "hacker" even in that sence. Big Grin He will need an intreface that is intuitive otherwise he will give it up and buy a Garmin. Sad 

/Olle
(2018-06-04, 10:37 AM)LaMare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-04, 09:11 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, sorry , see what you mean. Think I did it from a laptop but copying the file to the desktop on the Pi just takes a couple of seconds.

Yes right, but a common user starting with OP as an easy access to RPI and the O-charts for Norway or Sweden will not be a "hacker" even in that sence. Big Grin He will need an intreface that is intuitive otherwise he will give it up and buy a Garmin. Sad 

/Olle

It's nothing to do with openplotter - you could put it in here if you think it should be changed -
https://opencpn.org/flyspray/
Or ask on the opencpn forum -
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
Olle, on that window click right button and select "show hidden". With the new oeSENC plugin version you do not need to upload a fingerprint any longer. All is done through the opencpn interface.