OpenMarine

Full Version: Openplotter with official 7" touchscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Got a weird problem with my raspberry pi official 7" touchscreen i know some of you have fitted the "official 7" touchscreen" to your raspberry pi i hope you can help me out,
the problem is that every time i turn on the pi, the screen goes blank just before booting raspbian.

What i have tried:
I tried with a different SD card loaded with Retropi and the screen works fine. except the touchscreen won't work, don't know if Retropi support touch.
I tried different ways of powering the pi and control board;
  • tried to connect the slc and sda to there right GPIO pin as well the power cables.
  • tried to power the control board and raspberrypi separately with a samsung fast charger and a samsung 5 volt 2 amp charger.
  • tried to power the raspberrypi from the output of the control board with both chargers.
  • tried to power the control board from the USB of the raspberry.
  • Even tried a powerbank (of solgaard).
neither of those works i have update raspbian according to the element14.com guide, i tried to turn on and of l2c and put in ignore_lcd=0  in the config file.

I will try with the official power supply if that is the problem, but i have to order that one.

can someone point me to the right direction i am lost right now, i want to fit Sailoog hat so i prefer to power the control board by usb or separately.

if it helps here's a video: