OpenMarine

Full Version: Send PGN with GPS position data to Ray60 VHF radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
my Rayamrine Ray60 VHF/radio does not pick up the GPS positioning data that i send out with OpenPlotter 1.0.0 on a Pi with Moitessier HAT and CAN-USB.
I know that OP is broadcasting the positioning data, because i can see it on my Raymarine i70s displays. So it is on the NMEA2000 / STNG network.

I suspect that the radio/vhf expects another PGN (129029), than OP is currently sending (129025) because:
- the Ray60 manual indicates (at page 112) that it expects 129029 GNSS position data.
http://www.raymarine.nl/view/?id=10805
- In OpenPlotter i see on the CAN tab that it sends PGN 129025 Position (and PGN 192026 SOG). But it does not send PGN 129029.

How can i manually add PGN 129029 to the SignalK to N2K converter?

Kind regards,
Bram.
Hi Bram,

How did you manage to send information to your Raymarine?
I did connect the Openplotter converter and I do receive the information from my Raymarine bus (i70).

The information I send from Openplotter is not shown on my i70.

In the 0.x.x version there was a convert to NMEA2000 option available, now in the 1.1.0 version I do not see it anymore. Before there was a huge list of sentences to convert, including something like the device ID of the sending device.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi Brian,
I am using openplotter 1.0.0.

On the CAN tab in OpenPlotter i have selected Enable N2K output.
On that same tab i selected "Signal K to N2K converter", and there i have selected System Time, Heading, Attitude, Positing_Rapid, SOG_COG.
Than i will immediately see the positioning information on my i70s.
But i will not transmit AIS data or the GPS data in the right PGN/sentence for my VHF radio. Still looking how that can be fixed.

I was just looking through the code: https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/b...from-SK.py
The list of PGNs i see in OpenPlotter CAN tab (when i press the "Signal K to N2K converter" button) seems to be hardcoded in there. I thought it was an extendable list. I will ask sailoog if i can extend this myself.

Gr.
Bram.
(2018-08-05, 10:53 PM)Hi Bram,I think I used the same values, I\ll try again.If you scroll trough the setup on the raymarine, do you find the Openplotter device in a list of transducers?Adding our own PGNs would be nice!Thanks Wrote: [ -> ]On that same tab i selected "Signal K to N2K converter", and there i have selected System Time, Heading, Attitude, Positing_Rapid, SOG_COG.

I thought it was an extendable list. I will ask sailoog if i can extend this myself.