OpenMarine

Full Version: Updating to 1.x.x on Pi (with oeSENC charts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I apologise if this has been asked before (I did search, but didn't find)

Last year I created an OpenPlotter on my Pi 3b+ using the then available version of OpenPlotter. Now the new 1.x.x is out, I'd like to update, but if I do that I lose the license for my o-charts oeSENC- kind of the whole reason I have this plotter anyway.

According to O-charts I can update the program, (but not the OS ) without losing the license, but I can not find how to update. (apt-get upgrade does not work, and the update feature in OpenPlotter gives me a prompt saying there is an update)

Any hints would be appreciated!
[Image: assets%2F-L9g5MoJ9GSCaNGq_yjb%2F-LDwW3aU...68cea205a1]
at the top of openplotter 
TOOLS LANGUAGE UPDATES HELP
doing apt-get update upgrade might break your build.
you may have a problem if your using pre 1.0.0 then you will need to burn a new image there is no way to update 0.17.0 to 1.0.0
Thanks for your quick reply- but like I said: The update feature in OpenPlotter gives me a prompt saying there is an update- and only an OK option which only closes the dialog but does not update. I do not have the pi here now, will check if I can make a screenshot tonight.
What version do you have?
Can you clone the card as a backup?
not recommended but some times i just hack the openplotter.conf file and change the version or the branch to trick openplotter into an update.
(2019-01-25, 05:04 PM)ddelorme Wrote: [ -> ]Can you clone the card as a backup?
not recommended but some times i just hack the openplotter.conf file and change the version or the branch to trick openplotter into an update.
i dont think it will work that way.
0.17 to 1.0.0
there is a new kernel in 1.0.0 it went from jessie 4.9 to stretch 4.14
different repo's.. gcc and apt were also updated
if he is on 0.17 then the best thing to do is start fresh, burn the new img. and update..then beg for a new license or buy a new one
(2019-01-25, 05:10 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-25, 05:04 PM)ddelorme Wrote: [ -> ]Can you clone the card as a backup?
0.17 to 1.0.0
there is a new kernel in 1.0.0 it went from jessie 4.9 to stretch 4.14 i dont think it will work that way.
different repo's.. gcc and apt were also updated
if he is on 0.17 then the best thing to do is start fresh burn the new img. and update..and beg for a new license or buy a new one

I'm on 0.17.1, so that's that then. A new license won't work, their support sent me here. No biggie, my license needs to be renewed soon anyway. Just hoping there won't be more than 1 major update per year?
lol.. i think your safe for awhile..
it looks like theirs work going on for V2.x.x though.
i don't see anything about updating the OS in there.looks like mostly streamlining Smile

https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/tree/v2.x.x
I never thought about that issue thanks Jim
(2019-01-25, 07:09 PM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on 0.17.1, so that's that then. A new license won't work, their support sent me here. No biggie, my license needs to be renewed soon anyway. Just hoping there won't be more than 1 major update per year?

HI, I am in same case for my configuration "0" (Pi 3 +OP 0.17.1+ o-chart pack).
Changing the OP version (1st digit) means new installation and loosing the associated chart pack.
BTW Config 1 is on board (Pi 3+, OP 1.2 and o-chart pack), and config 2 (Pi 3+, OP1.2 or OP 2.0 ? and waiting to order new pack) is almost completed ...

I wouldn't like to re-pay the pack, and learn that 2.x is just about to come ... Angry

We NEED information about the development plan, to know :
  • whether next step will be 1.3 or 2.0 ?
  • will it be a stable release ?
  • when can we expect it to come ?
Without that information we are stuck and can't make any further move.

Hello Sailoog, could you post a thread on this topic pleeeeaaase ? Angel
Pages: 1 2