OpenMarine

Full Version: Epsolar plugin for SignalK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have sent you a PM, I am interested in doing the same with an EPsolar controller.
(2021-07-09, 10:35 AM)Newt2u Wrote: [ -> ]Have sent you a PM, I am interested in doing the same with an EPsolar controller.

I replied.
Quick update on my EPEver/Renogy Commander 60 set up.

When I moved over to OPv3 64-bit, it ruined my USB connection to solar charger and I couldn't get it to recover. Not too big of a deal, as I had my old 32-bit system still on a different flash, so I could swap out when needed. However, I always hated that USB set up and wanted a more permanent solution, so I scoured the internet for more info to discover via Adam Welch's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9fUSUYFQ8&t=598s) that EPEver had released a Ethernet-to-RS485 converter. But, of course EPEver didn't make it, a company called USR IOT did and they built an OS to support these products and they are available everywhere. After searching around, I decided to get the WaveShare version (https://www.waveshare.com/product/iot-co...to-eth.htm) that does both RS-485 & RS-232. I don't need to ethernet-ize any RS-232 devices, but it does feature a variable voltage input. Most of these are 5 Volt fixed, but this one has a 5-36 volt range, so I was able to wire it straight into the boat's electrical system, which I feel is a big plus. I paid more by getting it off Amazon, but I had points (so it was free anyway) and got it the next day.

Installed it, logged into it, a simple configuration, and bam! Data was flowing onto my LAN. Then in Node-Red, it was so easy to switch over the Modbus connection and we are now permentantly running OPv3 64-bit!
i have not opened my old code but i think i know what was causing an issue with it.. i need to set the mode to user before changing from default settings. i have two epsolar charge controllers on my new boat and at some point i will look at my old code.
Pages: 1 2