OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenCPN V5 beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2019-03-26, 12:12 AM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]In OP, I selected update OpenCPN, and I got version 5.0.0 ! Exclamation

The double canvas is simply fantastic !
And no more need of a keyboard to go Full Screen !

Like you guys I got the issue with hostapd, but the the recipe given by verkerkbr worked perfectly and solved the case.  Thanks Bram !
 I still have to test with open GL !
BTW, any one asking for an update of OpenCPN will probably meet that network issue ... Dodgy

Yes, version 5 was released on 23 March.
We have solved the network issue by a silent update. It is silent because we do not want to force an update to v1.3.0 for people who is in v1.2.0 without network issues. If you are sufering the network issue force a minor update.
Sounds good.

So that removes the need to manually install a particular version of hostapd and then ‘hold’ it ??
How do I force a minor update ?
i knew that would come up..

sudo nano /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf

change version number to 1.0.0
ctrl X Y reboot,update
OK, update in process ...
(2019-03-27, 07:59 PM)Didier B Wrote: [ -> ]OK, update in process ...
Hi Didier, can I ask what the issue here is? I have updated to 1.2 and tried it on the OCPN 5.0 and I do not know what to look for here. Is this a problem in OP with traffic over  K-plex or in OCPN?
(2019-03-26, 11:42 PM)Sderbyshire Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good.

So that removes the need to manually install a particular version of hostapd and then ‘hold’ it ??

yes
(2019-03-27, 09:23 PM)LaMare Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi Didier, can I ask what the issue here is? I have updated to 1.2 and tried it on the OCPN 5.0 and I do not know what to look for here. Is this a problem in OP with traffic over  K-plex or in OCPN?

it was a problem with the wifi access point, nothing related to opencpn. 1.2 is already corrected.
(2019-03-27, 09:45 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-27, 09:23 PM)LaMare Wrote: [ -> ]

it was a problem with the wifi access point, nothing related to opencpn. 1.2 is already corrected.

I am going to turn my RPI3B+ to an AP coming weekend. So you say I do not have to care? I installed the OP 1.2 weeks ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5