OpenMarine

Full Version: USB GPS help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realized I posted this in the wrong spot so moving it here. 

I have a bu 353 usb gps.  It works when I set it up in openplotter on the serial tab. It automatically creates the record on the Kplex tab.   But after a reboot it won’t work.  I have to delete the serial tab record and redo it and then it is fine.  Any thoughts on how to resolve this?   What file holds all the startup stuff as I think the probLem has to be in there somewhere?    

Any help is greatly appreciated

Did you select the remember by USB Port Position?
I tried both options and I have the same results where I have to delete and re add it to get it to work.  This isn’t a deal breaker but I am sure this is a simple fix.  Anyone have some other ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?
All.  I think I can fix this by placing a few commands at the end of the openplotter startup. Can someone please direct me to the proper file to update to do this?   Appreciate it.
All, Just to update this. I got another PI and decided to take a different approach at the installation, as the noobs installation gave me many errors that I had to work around. I used the image and loaded the image directly to the SD card. This worked so much better. No errors, and all is working well now and GPS starts up properly at the startup.