OpenMarine

Full Version: export NMEA data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I want to save every x minutes the NMEA data to a file or sqlite database. Found that you can save data with kplex to a file, but can't find the configuration file.

Where can I find the configuration file? Or is there a better way to save the NMEA data ever x minutes?

Swokey
kplex is a good option. Click on "Advanced" in NMEA 0183 tab and the config file will open.

VDR plugin for opencpn will do also the task.
(2016-08-02, 09:09 AM)Swokey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I want to save every x minutes the NMEA data to a file or sqlite database. Found that you can save data with kplex to a file, but can't find the configuration file.

Where can I find the configuration file? Or is there a better way to save the NMEA data ever x minutes?

Swokey

I'm using custom actions triggered every x minutes/seconds to update a RRDTOOL database with NMEA data (temperatures, wind), then using the data to plot readings later on.

I have written a few words about it at my boats website, it's in Norwegian but feel free to ask if the images are not sufficient to get the drift?  :-)
Nice!!!
(2016-08-24, 08:00 PM)Arne Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using custom actions triggered every x minutes/seconds to update a RRDTOOL database with NMEA data (temperatures, wind), then using the data to plot readings later on.

I have written a few words about it at my boats website, it's in Norwegian but feel free to ask if the images are not sufficient to get the drift?  :-)

Arne,  fantastic, thanks for the link and taking some time to write it up - I've wondering abouty how to do just this for some time.  Cool
Up and running, thanks for the message about rrdtools. I couldn't get the command line working to directly update the database but used the command line to call a bash script instead which seems to be working OK.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
So saving data mostly up and running now with a Web page to pick what you want to look at and from when to when. Not at all difficult with openplotter actions.

https://youtu.be/_r3--A_d3RE

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
Well. I managed to corrupt my original SD-card and had to reinstall more or less from scratch, so I figured it would be just as well to try out the 0.9.0-build.
I have installed and set up everything, and am kind of getting into the changes from earlier versions, but I have problems getting the data out to my RRD db's using my custom actions.

Have the variables changed name, which should I use here for the 1-wire sensors?
Name, as before, ENGINE, EXHAUST, INSIDE - seems not to work?

Signal K full string?  propulsion.ENGINE.coolantTemperature ?

or what?
Quote:
(2016-11-07, 08:35 PM)Arne Wrote: [ -> ]Well. I managed to corrupt my original SD-card and had to reinstall more or less from scratch, so I figured it would be just as well to try out the 0.9.0-build.
I have installed and set up everything, and am kind of getting into the changes from earlier versions, but I have problems gettin5g the data out to my RRD db's using my custom actions.

Have the variables changed name, which should I use here for the 1-wire sensors?
Name, as before, ENGINE, EXHAUST, INSIDE - seems not to work?

Signal K full string?  propulsion.ENGINE.coolantTemperature ?

or what?

I'm using the short variable names from the nmea inspector. 
Quote:I'm using the short variable names from the nmea inspector. 
And you're using the 0.9.0 alpha/development build, not the regular 0.8.0?
Pages: 1 2