OpenMarine

Full Version: Server Hardware for openplotter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Great !!! I purchased the MCS now. Thanks to Max for the tip. Hopefully I don't have any problems. However I will post my imporessions here.
(2020-02-28, 01:43 PM)niklun Wrote: [ -> ]Great !!! I purchased the MCS now. Thanks to Max for the tip. Hopefully I don't have any problems. However I will post my imporessions here.

Well, I'm glad you got on board, good job and good wind! Smile Wink Tongue
Hi,

I'm an owner of MCS-Board and really satisfied with it. But when I did a Openplotter2- Update today, the MCS-App disappeared from the apps-list of settings-app.
Is there something wrong with that update or whelse is the reason, that MCS-App disappeared? Or did I missed something?

Greetings
Michael
(2020-03-01, 08:43 PM)Moeritsen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm an owner of MCS-Board and really satisfied with it. But when I did a Openplotter2- Update today, the MCS-App disappeared from the apps-list of settings-app.
Is there something wrong with that update or whelse is the reason, that MCS-App disappeared? Or did I missed something?

Greetings
Michael

Hi Michael, I have already mentioned this to Sailoog, see:

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2392, we hope it will provide or let us know ... the strange thing is that if you click on the strawberry, in the Openplotter list there is everything! Huh Big Grin Huh
Do not panic Smile

Building and maintaining Debian packages is not a trivial job and it is a big time consumer so we are trying to economize our resources as usual.
We have been informed about more people writing apps for OpenPlotter and we have realized that we need to make developers completely autonomous

Currently apps developers depend on us to add its apps to the list, create packages and upload them to the openplotter repository to be maintained. On the next version of openplotter-settings (and last before the official release), developers will be able to create packages on its own, use their preferred repositories (sources) and store their apps in their sites. After any of theses external apps is installed, it will be added to the list of apps as usual and it will work as any openplotter core app.

I have sent the first required changes to Thomas for MCS app, new pull requests and instructions will be sent this week.
Ok, chiaro! GrazieĀ  Smile
Finally placed the order of the MCS and the sensor board, really looking forward to finalizing this project now!
Hi flybob,
thanks for the order.
As information: the Sensor board you have ordered is from the GeCoS-Server System.
You can connect it to the MCS, but it is geometrycal not compatible to the case and until now it is not implemented in the OP App.
But you can use it with Node Red, direct in a python script or simular.
The Sensor Board for the MCS is in development. It becomes the same chip but is geometrical compatible with the case...
@Sailoog:

I have build the .deb package. This is already new for me.
At the end there is a problem:
[attachment=831]

The deb package build nevertheless...
If i install this with:
[attachment=832]
there are no warnings.
But the scripts after this are not installed. (the old still availible) When I start the app all is as before?
What do I wrong?

if I use sudo python3 setup.py install all works fine.
(2020-03-04, 10:10 AM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]@Sailoog:

I have build the .deb package. This is already new for me.
At the end there is a problem:

The deb package build nevertheless...
If i install this with:

there are no warnings.
But the scripts after this are not installed. (the old still availible) When I start the app all is as before?
What do I wrong?

if I use sudo python3 setup.py install all works fine.

That is what the sentence "maintaining a debian package is not a trivial job" means Smile

I will publish the docs to create an maintain an openplotter debian package soon.

Your problem is that you need to sign the packages and now you are trying to sign the package as "Sailoog" but yo do not have my secret GPG key, you need your own ones.

Use your name and your email in changelog file: https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/openplot.../changelog and use that name and email to create your GPG key: https://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/gettin...ur-gpg-key

Try to create the packages again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38