OpenMarine

Full Version: Server Hardware for openplotter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2019-09-05, 01:28 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 11:50 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ] I think about this. What I can imagine: If anybody is intrestet in personalize or optimize the board I have no problems to send the grip files or the data. I work with kicad and eagle. Kicad is also open source.

That is a start Smile

Another option is Easyeda for board design, https://easyeda.com/

Then you can order the boards for a couple of dollars plus get the components like terminal blocks, header sockets etc shipped at the same time. 
This much a work in progress as a esp32 board with sensors , first version worked OK with a couple of mistakes. 
https://easyeda.com/paddyb/SigK_Send

[Image: IS1H7rt.jpg]

wow, that is even better to make a shared project. I remember studying that tool but just now I realized the potential. You can fork, control version, share, edit online...
That is what we need thanks!
Hi,
today I have test a little bit with pgpio.
For this I have connect the seatalk dataline to the IN4 (Optokoppler Input on GPIO20) connector.
I have read the PGPIO Manuals. I do not found something for stop bit and so on. The Data I get with 9bit mode I don´t think right?
Has anybody an Idear?

[attachment=527]
(2019-09-06, 03:11 PM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
For this I have connect the seatalk dataline to the IN4 (Optokoppler Input on GPIO20) connector.
I have read the PGPIO Manuals. I do not found something for stop bit and so on. The Data I get with 9bit mode I don´t think right?
Has anybody an Idear?

Hi, are there any news? If everything else works, it's fine with me even without Seatalk. Or is it better to wait for the new version of the card? Hello and good wind.
http://forum.openmarine.net/attachment.php?aid=522
(2019-09-08, 02:27 PM)Max1947 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-06, 03:11 PM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Has anybody an Idear?

Hi, are there any news? If everything else works, it's fine with me even without Seatalk. Or is it better to wait for the new version of the card? Hello and good wind.
http://forum.openmarine.net/attachment.php?aid=522

Hi Max1947,
it´s better to wait until all works fine.... ;-)
I think I´ll let it be with the seatalk on the board.
There to much spezial problems to do this with the pi....
If anybody need this, I make an adapterboard with an microcontroller for seatalk <> nmea0183. There are several librarys for this.
That by the way I can do as opensource.... ;-)
(2019-09-09, 10:19 AM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]I think I´ll let it be with the seatalk on the board.
If anybody need this, I make an adapterboard with an microcontroller for seatalk <> nmea0183. There are several librarys for this.

In my opinion if you make this in HAT format it will be quite successful.
(2019-09-09, 10:19 AM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]I think I´ll let it be with the seatalk on the board.

It wouldn't be a bad idea. Are there any news with the new correct card?
I do this with a hat...

At the Moment I recheck the NMEA0183 Ports.
I get grey hairs… I have never seen something like this. Normaly nmea uses RS422 standard or asymetric RS232 Standard.
Now I have tested a ST60+ Raymarine. This Display has a NMEA Output ( + /- ) normaly you expect that - is gnd or the B Port of the RS422. No. Raymarine ST60+ switch the ground Pin!! means + is always 12V. gnd is gnd and nothing happens. If you put the resistor (120Ohm) between, gnd is also 12V and on Data Moment switch to gnd. This isnt compatible to any Standard?????  Angry Angry Angry Angry
After searching in web I´m not the one who have this problem. Why somebody do such a sh**???
I have checked the NMEA Ports again with RS232 devices. works fine. With SA320 GPS Works fine. With Furuno RO4800 works fine.
Except Raymarine ST60 all NMEA I have testet worked.
Further I Have get a KUS NS5 Fuel Sensor. I have order them new for my boat. I have connected to the Board. (NMEA2000) Thats the Result:
[attachment=539]

the PGN must be 127505. is in HEX 1F211 I think its correct in the shown data. Also the first 6 hex bytes is the fuel level. Thats seems correct.
The rest works later direkt trough OP.  Big Grin Cool
(2019-09-13, 06:23 PM)glowntiger Wrote: [ -> ]I do this with a hat...

At the Moment I recheck the NMEA0183 Ports.
I get grey hairs… I have never seen something like this. Normaly nmea uses RS422 standard or asymetric RS232 Standard.
Now I have tested a ST60+ Raymarine. This Display has a NMEA Output ( + /- ) normaly you expect that - is gnd or the B Port of the RS422. No. Raymarine ST60+ switch the ground Pin!! means + is always 12V. gnd is gnd and nothing happens. If you put the resistor (120Ohm) between, gnd is also 12V and on Data Moment switch to gnd. This isnt compatible to any Standard?????  Angry Angry Angry Angry
After searching in web I´m not the one who have this problem. Why somebody do such a sh**???
Hello

I had to edit my old message, because it was incomplete.

The NMEA output is balanced, i.e. the NMEA negative is not the ST60 negative. In the RS-422 communication, the transmitter operates the logical "1" at a voltage of -2 to -6 Volt. and the logical "0" at the receiver input in the range of +0.2 to +7 Volt. This means that the bit amplitude can be up to 13V.
Using an RS485 should work, as it is compatible with RS422 but not the reverse.

I've seen you try to read the SeaTalk sentences. I'm sure you know Thomas Knauf's work.
He published some simple circuits to adapt the SeaTalk signal to RS422.

[Image: seaconv.gif]
This circuit is for unidiractional, e.g. read only.

[Image: seabidi.gif]
This other circuit is for bidirectional communication.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38