OpenMarine

Full Version: GPS location on repeater without active route
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am on holiday zo testing out a lot on open plotter.

One question I have also is now to send trough GPS data to the Clipper GPS repeater without an active route in Open CPN. My mariphone gets the GPS data as soon as openplotter starts, but the repeater sais no GPS data. When I activate a route, it show all the data. However it shoul be possible to show location and Speed without an active route
If you can see the position on the mariphone, the Clipper GPS repeater should show you also the position. Your cable must be correct, otherwise you wouldn't get data when you activate the route.
It could be that you have a filter in the nmea0183 output settings for your tty port.(Use the same setting as you used for the working mariphone.) Test if you see the GPS data in the Inspector.
Fijne the problemen. The Clipper repeater needs RMB but without an active route I do not output RMB. When I create a dummy RMB the repeater works without an active route. But that is irritating when I have an active route of course
In manual it says: it needs RMB,RMC,GSA.
I think it doesn't get RMC for speed and position. GSA is only the quality of gps receive.
If you really want to emulate RMB, you better wait until 0.9.0 is beta. There you can create your own NMEA0183 sentences and it is easier to diagnostic the in/out NMEA sentences from your serial NMEA port.
This is an old thread I know, but how can I export RMB with the newest OpenPlotter? From the NMEA1083 generator I can only choose $--RMA not RMB...
(2018-08-28, 07:18 PM)Ewald Harmsen Wrote: [ -> ]This is an old thread I know, but how can I export RMB with the newest OpenPlotter? From the NMEA1083 generator I can only choose $--RMA not RMB...

RMB is generated by opencpn (right click go to position or something like that).
Set open opencpn configuration. Look at http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1426