OpenMarine

Full Version: Rpi 3b + keeps eating as cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 3b+ and have a 7” display hooked to it. The only non powered usb is the keyboard. Everything else runs through a 12 volt usb hub. I get low power on boot and often it corrupts the boot file and I have to reimage the card. The power supply is a good supply. I think the limiter and the fact it also powers the monitor could be the issue? Any suggestions. Or do you think something else is causing it? I have had this issue on and off. Do you think the monitor is drawing to much power? Should I wire the supply to the 5v gpio side so it doesn’t go through the limiting chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2019-07-11, 11:39 PM)festeraeb Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 3b+ and have a 7” display hooked to it. The only non powered usb is the keyboard. Everything else runs through a 12 volt usb hub. I get low power on boot and often it corrupts the boot file and I have to reimage the card. The power supply is a good supply. I think the limiter and the fact it also powers the monitor could be the issue? Any suggestions. Or do you think something else is causing it? I have had this issue on and off. Do you think the monitor is drawing to much power? Should I wire the supply to the 5v gpio side so it doesn’t go through the limiting chip?

Before looking at a new power supply it might be worth looking at the cables. Lots of USB cables are a bit skinny and can cause a lot of voltage drop during power spikes.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I have a good solid cable. One of the times I was using a 110 charger with high output but I was running it through a modified sign wave inverter. Maybe it was dirty power. I think I am going to use the same 4 amp 5v buck converter I have and power a gpio pin.