OpenMarine

Full Version: YDGW-02 for network connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a raspberry pi 3 and have installed Openplotter and now I want to hook it into the NMEA2000 network that I have installed on the boat.  I looked on the Sailoog shop and the CAN to USB device is out of stock.  I was thinking about getting the YDGW-02, but was wondering whether that would enable the Pi to connect to the network.  I'm also interested in having it transfer waypoints to my chart plotter for my autopilot to follow and I wasn't sure whether that was possible.  

Thanks in advance.

My network contains
B&G Chart Plotter
Raymarine wind, depth, speed instruments which are already converted to NMEA2000
B&G Autopilot
A bit more information. I figured out today how to get my chart plotter a Zeus 3 to output data via Wifi to OpenCPN on a laptop via the Access point the chart plotter creates.. How do I pull this information into Openplotter? It doesn't recognize it during setup, i have an IP address for the Chart plotter and the port 10110 which it transmits the data on.
(2019-11-12, 06:31 AM)felizcortez Wrote: [ -> ]A bit more information.  I figured out today how to get my chart plotter a Zeus 3 to output data via Wifi to OpenCPN on a laptop via the Access point the chart plotter creates..  How do I pull this information into Openplotter?  It doesn't recognize it during setup, i have an IP address for the Chart plotter and the port 10110 which it transmits the data on.

I was able to get the information into openplotter via adding a TCP connection in KPLEX then restarting everything.  I updated OpenCPN to version 5, but am unable to get mbtiles working on some charts that were created for me for hte Sea of Cortez.  The MBTiles don't even show up as mapped areas in OpenCPN so it's like they aren't even loading.  I've gone thorugh and redirected to the library multiple times.  I know the MBTile charts are good because I use them on my laptop.

I have a raspberry Pi 3.

Also, does anyone know how to send waypoints or routes to a B&G Zeus 3 chart plotter over wifi?  I have been unable to get the data transferred back tot eh plotter over Wifi.  Not sure if it is possible or not.