OpenMarine

Full Version: new case for my pi4 Need suggestions for 1wire port and connectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am designing a new case for my RPi4.. I am using a molex .093 2 pin connector for the power and molex mini fit .062 2 pin for reset/shutdown button and anchor light. The 1wire is a pain as it is very small gage i tried a molex but it is too big. I and now tiring rj11 jack.. I hope it will work
Suggestions are welcome
here is a picture of the case.
it has a 52pi.cn protohat on it with the imu and a connector for an i2c temp/humity/pressure sensor.
Hi,

Take a look at this thread
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2141

That project might have a case you might like. With that case you might just need to design front and back panels.

https://github.com/bareboat-necessities/...index.adoc

Thanks,
--MG
I sorted out the issue with the keystone panel cut out. I will post the case once it is complete
[attachment=731]
My nearly  complete case for a rpi 4. I have tried this case and it cools nice when the fan turns on. i kept the top closed as to prevent water dripping in and to direct air over the heat sinks. The passive cooling via the bottom vents. helps a bit.
The buck converter was changed from a LM2596 to a XL4015 I am still experiencing issues with low power alarm till i set the buck converter to 5.35v ether my cheep multimeter is off or the BC are Dropping. The RPI4 is drawing minimal under 1 amp this climbs a bit when i stress test it. So both Buck converters should be fine.
For now I am going to use a cable bladder to bring the 1-Wire into the RPI.
(2020-01-23, 02:32 PM)ddelorme Wrote: [ -> ]My nearly  complete case for a rpi 4. I have tried this case and it cools nice when the fan turns on. i kept the top closed as to prevent water dripping in and to direct air over the heat sinks. The passive cooling via the bottom vents. helps a bit.
The buck converter was changed from a LM2596 to a XL4015 I am still experiencing issues with low power alarm till i set the buck converter to 5.35v ether my cheep multimeter is off or the BC are Dropping. The RPI4 is drawing minimal under 1 amp this climbs a bit when i stress test it. So both Buck converters should be fine.
For now I am going to use a cable bladder to bring the 1-Wire into the RPI.

Do you have STL file for this box?

Best 

Bart
I did it in freecad so yes