OpenMarine

Full Version: lsm9dsi - 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, and 3-axis magnetometer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Anybody who is using the LSM9DS1?

Can not get it recognized in the Openplotter I2C ...

Any suggestions?

Bart

(see also screenshots)

In Pypilot the IMU is detected ... but can not add it

See screenshot
Forget I2C app, you have to use just pypilo app. Select "only compass" and you are done.

Calibrate the imu: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...ation.html

I am really interested on this imu, please report your result
(2020-01-24, 08:42 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Forget I2C app, you have to use just pypilo app. Select "only compass"  and you are done.

Calibrate the imu: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...ation.html

I am really interested on this imu, please report your result

Dear Sailoog,

I will do my best in what I have done and what I see happening on my PyPilot Calibration (am not as technical as 90% of the people on this forum

1. Accel 
- This works. I put the sensor on the 6 sides of a small shoe box

2. Alignment (after I clicked "Boat is level"
- (see screenshot as well)
- I can not see the entire screen (am using Raspi 4 , 2Mb, OP 2)
- Pitch is increasing and then decreasing
- Roll same thing
- Heel as well

Heading (which I can not see complete is also changing)

All while the boat is on my small shoe box

My simple conclusion ---> the boat is in a (slow) role coaster

Tell me how I can further help you.

Bart
I have a ASD2611-R-N  TinyShield 9 axis IMU which I was using on my Pi3 with ver1 & it is not detected now on my Pi4 with the latest OP version

I was thinking of upgrading to the LSM9DS1 so I will follow this thread.

My BMP180 sensor is not recognised either.

Should these be detected?? They are linked together so I may have disconnected a wire accidentally - I'll check when on the boat next.

I'm like you Bart - am not as technical as 90% of the people on this forum - I'm a sailor & love this Openplotter & what these people do!!!
Anybody out there with the same problem? (Is it related to the "MPU9250 heading is slowly drifting" post?)

Let me know.

Bart
(2020-01-27, 09:18 AM)BartStevens Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody out there with the same problem? (Is it related to the "MPU9250 heading is slowly drifting" post?)

Let me know.

Bart

Yes, it seems related. Re-install pypilot 2.0.5-beta from openplotter settings app and try again please.
(2020-01-27, 03:54 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-27, 09:18 AM)BartStevens Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody out there with the same problem? (Is it related to the "MPU9250 heading is slowly drifting" post?)

Let me know.

Bart

Yes, it seems related. Re-install pypilot 2.0.5-beta from openplotter settings app and try again please.

will report back

PS saw your remark about the size of the community (at least 150 downloads per day). You should write a post with some statistics about it like
- number of (total) downloads
- number of active users
- number of people who use Pylilot
- Sensors mostly used (do not know if you can see this)
- etc etc

Just to show everybody what (huge) size the community is ... !!!

Let me know how (non techies) also can contribute

Bart
(2020-01-27, 04:21 PM)BartSteven Wrote: [ -> ]PS saw your remark about the size of the community (at least 150 downloads per day). You should write a post with some statistics about it like
- number of active users
- etc etc

It is always difficult to know the number of users. We can only count downloads and even this is not accurate.

OpenPlotter v1 was downloaded 20,304 times in a year but torrent downloads are not included here.

OpenPlotter v2 pre-releases daily average is 150 downloads the last 2 months, it seems that we will break the last mark Smile

It is impossible to know active users or users activities. To know this we should add some trackers and this is something we will never do.
(2020-01-27, 07:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-27, 04:21 PM)BartSteven Wrote: [ -> ]PS saw your remark about the size of the community (at least 150 downloads per day). You should write a post with some statistics about it like
- number of active users
- etc etc

It is always difficult to know the number of users. We can only count downloads and even this is not accurate.

OpenPlotter v1 was downloaded 20,304 times in a year but torrent downloads are not included here.

OpenPlotter v2 pre-releases daily average is 150 downloads the last 2 months, it seems that we will break the last mark Smile

It is impossible to know active users or users activities. To know this we should add some trackers and this is something we will never do.

Very impressive numbers ... Let me know how I can help. Bart