OpenMarine

Full Version: Need Help hooking up transducer (DST800)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DST800 Triducer (NMEA 0183) and I am trying to hook it up to my OP V2.  I bought a USB to RS422 adapter.  I hooked up the wires correctly (R+ and R-).  The Recieve LED flashes RED and I have 13V to Transducer.  OP sees it in the serial tab.  I connected it to serial K via the AUTO at 38400 Baud.  In OPEN CPN i added it under connections. But it added it as 4800 baud.  but I am getting no response to temp, depth, or speed.

BTW, I am doing this all in my office before I install.  It is a RPI V3b+, Serial GPS works fine.

I not well versed in this.  I must be missing something.  

Can any one help?  

Thanks!
Edward
remove the connection in opencpn, you only need the signal k connection and a unique connection in opencpn (localhost TCP 10110)
(2020-02-19, 06:19 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]remove the connection in opencpn, you only need the signal k connection and a unique connection in opencpn (localhost TCP 10110)

last year ,  with  op 1.2   Signal K  mis convert  the  Log  ,  because of the nmea0183  send  Nm  and Signalk understood it as  Meter  ..

i used direct nmea0183 to  OpenCPN  .   where it works fine .  

Can first test  OP2  in the boat  after 2.may 2020 .
(2020-02-19, 06:19 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]remove the connection in opencpn, you only need the signal k connection and a unique connection in opencpn (localhost TCP 10110)

Ok I set it up in OPEN CPN as localhost TCP 10110 and it still does not seem to see the data.  

The USB RS422 adapter has a red LED power light and the Rx led is flashing randomly.  I know the transducer is NMEA 0183  because they checked it before shipping it to me.  I tried baud rate 4800 and 38400.  

The check system does not show errors anymore.  but still no Depth, speed, or temp info.  

GPS works fine.  When I do NMEA debug I see the GPS sentences but nothing from transducer.
(2020-02-20, 12:34 AM)terestron Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok I set it up in OPEN CPN as localhost TCP 10110 and it still does not seem to see the data.  

The USB RS422 adapter has a red LED power light and the Rx led is flashing randomly.  I know the transducer is NMEA 0183  because they checked it before shipping it to me.  I tried baud rate 4800 and 38400.  

The check system does not show errors anymore.  but still no Depth, speed, or temp info.  

GPS works fine.  When I do NMEA debug I see the GPS sentences but nothing from transducer.
I solved the issue.  The data wires needed to be reversed going into the RS422 adapter.  Even though they were labeled R+ and R- and I connected the + to +, etc...  flipping them solved the issue.
This is normal, signals go from + to -, and retour.
(2020-02-20, 05:48 PM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]This is normal, signals go from + to -, and retour.

Thanks!  This comment just helped  me a lot.

Is it possible to connect DST810 in bluetooth with Rpi 4B + Openplotter?
thank you
Yes, Bluetooth serial connect should be possible, i tried before with NMEA from an Bluetooth GPS Dongle.

its an little tricky to open the serial bluetooth connection before - but after this is solved you can connet to it like /dev/ttyUSB with Openplotter-serial to make the data available.

Look here for older Reports about "RFCOMM" or "rc.local" to set it up at boot time.
https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....t=rc.local

But i would prefer real cable connections on an boat, especial so near the waterline.