OpenMarine

Full Version: [CLOSED] Bug after upgrading Pi.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. 
I’m having an issue while installing OP V2.0 noobs Moitessier hat version on a RPI 3. 

So the installation went well then a window propose the configuration of the system. After completing all the steps it asks to reboot. And then black screen nothing. Even waiting 30min. 
It’s possible to reinstall the system and I did it twice with the same result. 

The third time I skipped the configuration steps and rebooted. Then it works. 
I opened the terminal and did:

sudo apt-get update 
sudo apt-get upgrade

It upgraded a lot of things including raspberry kernel. 

Then reboot and same problem. 
So I guess the update crashes the system. Anyone had same issue? 
How to solve it ?

Best Regars
The latest Raspbian kernel has a bug with I2C management. Until this is fixed do not upgrade the kernel. Update just openplotter apps and dependencies but do not run "sudo apt upgrade" or the kernel will be upgraded.

If you want to back to life and updated kernel edit the file /boot/config.txt in your SD and remove this line:

dtoverlay=i2c-gpio,i2c_gpio_sda=2,i2c_gpio_scl=3,bus=3

The system will boot but the Moitessier driver cannot be installed without that line.
(2020-06-06, 10:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]The latest Raspbian kernel has a bug with I2C management. Until this is fixed do not upgrade the kernel. Update just openplotter apps and dependencies but do not run "sudo apt upgrade" or the kernel will be upgraded.

If you want to back to life and updated kernel edit the file /boot/config.txt in your SD and remove this line:

dtoverlay=i2c-gpio,i2c_gpio_sda=2,i2c_gpio_scl=3,bus=3

The system will boot but the Moitessier driver cannot be installed without that line.

Alright I will try. But is it normal I got a black screen ? I’m using a screen connected with the ribbon on the raspberry pi board. 
Thanks for the help.
Yes, it is the expected behavior.

Follow this thread: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2633