OpenMarine

Full Version: Openplotter 2 (latest) NMEA out Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry, my mistake, forgot that you had nmea0183-to-nmea0183 included.

So, your setup is correct and should be working - now we need to figure out why it isn't.

It would be helpful if you could share your settings, located at /home/pi/.signalk/settings.json and /home/pi/.signalk/plugin-config-data/nmea0183-to-nmea0183.json. Earlier I asked about invisible characters like spaces in the event names - these would not show in the screen captures, but would show up in the settings files.

Do you really need nmea0183-to-nmea0183? You could try the value OPENCPNOUT in APREPEAT connection's Output events field. This would forward all data from OPENCPNOUT to APREPEAT.

(2020-07-06, 10:35 PM)sparticle Wrote: [ -> ]My connection OPENCPNOUT is not emitting anything as far as I am aware.

The events are internal to the server, so you would not be aware of them being emitted - same thing as you are referring to with "datastream" and "outputting events".

(2020-07-06, 10:35 PM)sparticle Wrote: [ -> ]My naming convention works for me and is perfectly logical. 

I understand it works for you, I was trying to point out that the naming is a bit ambiguous and may not be clear to others.
(2020-07-08, 08:54 PM)tkurki Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, my mistake, forgot that you had nmea0183-to-nmea0183 included.

So, your setup is correct and should be working - now we need to figure out why it isn't.

It would be helpful if you could share your settings, located at /home/pi/.signalk/settings.json and /home/pi/.signalk/plugin-config-data/nmea0183-to-nmea0183.json. Earlier I asked about invisible characters like spaces in the event names - these would not show in the screen captures, but would show up in the settings files.

Do you really need nmea0183-to-nmea0183? You could try the value OPENCPNOUT in APREPEAT connection's Output events field. This would forward all data from OPENCPNOUT to APREPEAT.

(2020-07-06, 10:35 PM)sparticle Wrote: [ -> ]My connection OPENCPNOUT is not emitting anything as far as I am aware.

The events are internal to the server, so you would not be aware of them being emitted - same thing as you are referring to with "datastream" and "outputting events".

(2020-07-06, 10:35 PM)sparticle Wrote: [ -> ]My naming convention works for me and is perfectly logical. 

I understand it works for you, I was trying to point out that the naming is a bit ambiguous and may not be clear to others.

Thank you I will be going to the boat in the next few days and will forward those files. I will try and can the nmea0183 to nmea0183 app. and try and direct OPENCONOUT in APREPEAT. I believe I did try this. But will go around this again.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers
Spart
Hi, Just to clarify, I am also struggling with exactly this problem and there didn't seem to be an accepted solution, yet this must be one of the most common setups. I must admit, it was easy in Kplex, but I can't get that to work either now either in V2.0.

I have a laptop running OpenCPN, RPI3+ with Openplotter, ST60 Instrument and Autopilot (NMEA0183), and a Garmin 128 GPS
Is there a simple write up of the settings for such a configuration. I would help if there was an easy way to see the datastream into Signal K like the OpenCPN debug which shows the data and the source.
Thanks
Richard
Hi, where has this got too, I have a similar basic setup that I can't get working, yet it was fine on the old version 1. I have a Win 10 laptop running OpenCPN, and a RPI3+ with openplotter v2, with Signal K 1.33.
I want to send Autopiliot data from Opencpn to ST6000 autopilot on NMEA 0183. I have an serial input from ST60 instuments in NMEA0183 to Signal K and Openpncpn receives this via TCP.
I can output from OpenCPN on UDP and can see this data in Signal K, but it's not being transmitted to the Autopilot.
I also tried a direct link as suggested here from OpenCPN using serial on port /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout. I can see the data in the debug screen in blue, but nothing on the Autopilot.
This would seem a very basic setup which I have patiently working at - it shouldn't be this difficult when Kplex just worked.
Anyone got a simple write up, before I revert to version 1 again?
Thanks
Richard - floating around in Greece.
(2020-09-12, 07:24 PM)Ratsea Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, where has this got too, I have a similar basic setup that I can't get working, yet it was fine on the old version 1. I have a Win 10 laptop running OpenCPN, and a RPI3+ with openplotter v2, with Signal K 1.33.
I want to send Autopiliot data from Opencpn to ST6000 autopilot on NMEA 0183. I have an serial input from ST60 instuments in NMEA0183 to Signal K and Openpncpn receives this via TCP.
I can output from OpenCPN on UDP and can see this data in Signal K, but it's not being transmitted to the Autopilot.
I also tried a direct link as suggested here from OpenCPN using serial on port /dev/ttyOP_nmeaout. I can see the data in the debug screen in blue, but nothing on the Autopilot.
This would seem a very basic setup which I have patiently working at - it shouldn't be this difficult when Kplex just worked.
Anyone got a simple write up, before I revert to version 1 again?
Thanks
Richard - floating around in Greece.

Hello i have read the post but there isnt news from 2020... someone has solved the problem... i have the same situation of Sparticle user, i see in the dataconnection (signalK) the events from opencpn that shoud be send to Autopilot, but the autopilot writes no data
Pages: 1 2 3