OpenMarine

Full Version: esp32 wifi connection with raspberry pi 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm using several ESP32 boards to send and receive data from a raspberry pi 4. I have installed the last version of OP2 headless, everything is mostly fine, except that none of the ESP32 boards can connect to the raspberry over wifi. 

Phones and computers connect without issue, and receive internet. The raspberry is set in AP+Station mode, sharing internet over wlan0.

I don't think this is an ESP32 problem since it connects perfectly to other wifi networks, and it works just fine with a raspberry 3 (same OP2 version)
Hi,

Have a similar issue, with a RPi Zero W that does not see the SSID from a RPi4 openplotter AP. Windows10, android tablet and iphone is able to see and logon to the SSID. The RPi Zero W on the other hand is able to see my home network wifi and use this. So also suspect something with the RPi4 and/or Openplotter installation.

Did you find any solution to your issue?

Br Bjarne
(2020-09-09, 04:34 PM)bjarnej Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Have a similar issue, with a RPi Zero W that does not see the SSID from a RPi4 openplotter AP. Windows10, android tablet and iphone is able to see and logon to the SSID. The RPi Zero W on the other hand is able to see my home network wifi and use this. So also suspect something with the RPi4 and/or Openplotter installation.

Did you find any solution to your issue?

Br Bjarne

did you use 2.4 GHz for connecting your ESPs ?
uncheck the 5ghz in op-network for ap
the esp32 uses only 2.4 wifi.

all my 8xxx and esp32 connet fine to raspi and raspi4 on an 2.4 ghz band. and check if there is an strong ap elsewhere on the channel, if so use one lesser used of 1, 6, or 11 channel.
In my case it is a RPi Zero W that does not recognize the SSID from the RPi4. From the Openplotter network app I have the 5 GHz checkbox unchecked - think that means it is running 2.4g? I've tried a number of channels without success. The RPi Zero W sees other networks (my own and some neighbors) and is able to connect to my home wifi. 

But from other devices like my windows10 or tablet the RPi4 Wifi is visible and connectable. For now I have approx 1 meter between the two RPi's due to my test setup - could this in any case be a problem?

Thanks