OpenMarine

Full Version: Signal K Server not Running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am just getting to grips with a new installation of OpenPlotter on a Pi 4b. So far I have it hooked up to my boats Seatalk/NMEA network through a ShipModul MultiPlexer and it all works beautifully.

I would like to send this data via Signal K via wifi however I cannot get the Signal K server to start. It was running on the fresh installation but since updating it and turning on the access point it is no longer running. I wonder if anyone can help.

I have tried to use the SignalK installer, which tells me it is successfully installed, but then the server is not running. 
When I try to run it through the terminal with
Code:
signalk-server run

I get the following response:

Code:
unable to parse /home/pi/.signalk/defaults.json
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
   at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
   at readDefaultsFile (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/lib/config/config.js:189:17)
   at setFullDefaults (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/lib/config/config.js:194:31)
   at Object.load (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/lib/config/config.js:57:9)
   at new Server (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/lib/index.js:51:32)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/bin/signalk-server:20:16)
   at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
   at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
   at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
So I have tried to set up signalk through the terminal with

Code:
signalk-server-setup

However the server is still not running after the setup. When I try to run it through the terminal I get:

Code:
Could not parse security config
ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/.signalk/security.json'
/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:135
 throw err;
 ^

Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried:
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/10.20.1/linux/arm/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/release/install-root/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/debug/install-root/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/default/install-root/bindings.node
→ /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/binding/node-v64-linux-arm/bindings.node
   at bindings (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:126:9)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
   at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
   at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
   at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
   at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)
   at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:692:17)
   at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
   at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/index.js:14:22)

There is no security.json file and there is no bindings file either.

I would really appreciate some assistance or a point in the right direction.
I feel like it must be simple, because it was all working fine before I updated it....
II know is donkey years after. But I have noticed that this may happen if you set up a user different than 'pi' in the imager. SignalK is looking for its config files in /home/pi and cannot write them if you are not this user.
(2023-08-22, 05:02 PM)Pikor Wrote: [ -> ]II know is donkey years after. But I have noticed that this may happen if you set up a user different than 'pi' in the imager. SignalK is looking for its config files in /home/pi and cannot write them if you are not this user.

Yes, I confirm it, as it happened to me too, and I got crazy. Unfortunately I hadn't read your post by then. It should be said in instructions for installing, I have requested it, let's see if it is done.

Thanks