OpenMarine

Full Version: influxdb and grafana are not running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems that influxdb, kapacitor and chornograf do not get installed. Do you have the right sources? copy here the content of the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openplotter.list
sailoog,

Thanks, but i tried a different route.

I found the website seabits.com and follow the instructions to install influxdb:

Code:
wget -qO- https://repos.influxdata.com/influxdb.key | sudo apt-key add -
echo "deb https://repos.influxdata.com/debian buster stable" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/influxdb.list

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install influxdb
Start up InfluxDB
Code:
sudo service influxdb start

etc etc etc

I see that the influxdb on the dashboard off openplotter is installed and running.

Grafana was already installed and running so that was ok. I managed to create a dbase and saw that signalK was writing to dbase.

I cant start kapacitor and chronograf, but i dont know if thats important.

tomorrow more time to try to get grafana running.

keep you posted.

renze
update:

I tried to run grafana but grafana did not "read" the dbase off infuxdb.

So i tried to install chronograf directly as well as kapacitor. Chronograf i did succeed with sudo get-apt install chronograf but kapacitor the raspberry still did not find even after sudo apt-get update and upgrade. I dont untherstand.

Grafana still getting the message that the URL was bad.

The last effort i tried was to type the URL directly in Grafana (still the same adress) http://localhost:8086 but after the typing the adres directly it was working. Problem solved (i hope)

So i am getting in dashboard of openplotter in processes tab influxdb active/running chronograf active/running and grafana-server active/running Kapacitor is still dead but i dont know if thats a problem.
Thanks for the report. I do not understand what is going on in your system. Other users with similar issues fixed it just reinstalling from openplotter-dashboard.

Influxdb 1, chronograpf and kapacitor has been discontinued and replaced and unified in Influxdb 2. We have implemented everything in OpenPlotter 3 but Influxdb 2 is only for 64bit. Have you considered to update your system?

Examples in OpenPlotter 3: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....luxdb.html
sailoog

thanks for reply. YES and no for updating my system. After a long time iam getting a little bit hold on working with the rapsberry pi. Iam running openplotter on a SSD and that too take a long time to get it working (problebly my newby experience with raspberry pi). So iam afraid to do it all over again. Little bugs are still showing for example i still dont get my BME280 or the HTU21D on signal k but i can see them on i2c. In stead i put a BMP280 (without humity) and that's running fine also in signal K.

It is stable for now and i can import Grafana into KIP dasboard. So i think i will have it running for the time being.

My total system is:

Raspberry pi 4 8gb with SSD running on openplotter
Pican-m (to nmea 2k and nmea 0183)
RTL-SDR with miniwhip and fldigi and GQrx
16 inch touchscreen Aoc
victron shunt with USBcable
BMP280 and MPU 9250 (pypilot)
1-wire with serveral DB temp sensors

Still working on getting my old Yanmar 2GM20 by or arduino or ESP32 to rapsberry pi.( temp oilpressure RPM, etc)

Thansk a lot for the great work!!!

renze
(2022-10-01, 10:02 AM)schrammie Wrote: [ -> ]sailoog

thanks for reply. YES and no for updating my system. After a long time iam getting a little bit hold on working with the rapsberry pi. Iam running openplotter on a SSD and that too take a long time to get it working (problebly my newby experience with raspberry pi). So iam afraid to do it all over again. Little bugs are still showing for example i still dont get my BME280 or the HTU21D on signal k but i can see them on i2c. In stead i put a BMP280 (without humity) and that's running fine also in signal K.

It is stable for now and i can import Grafana into KIP dasboard. So i think i will have it running for the time being.

My total system is:

Raspberry pi 4 8gb with SSD running on openplotter
Pican-m (to nmea 2k and nmea 0183)
RTL-SDR with miniwhip and fldigi and GQrx
16 inch touchscreen Aoc
victron shunt with USBcable
BMP280 and MPU 9250 (pypilot)
1-wire with serveral DB temp sensors

Still working on getting my old Yanmar 2GM20 by or arduino or ESP32 to rapsberry pi.( temp oilpressure RPM, etc)

Thansk a lot for the great work!!!

renze

easy to just use a spare SD card & try a fresh install with ssd disconnected. 

Might be a good idea to track down whatever is wrong now rather than later..
Pages: 1 2