OpenMarine

Full Version: Bluetooth GPS signal lost in conjunction with SDRAIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the following system: openplotter on Raspi 3B with Noelec NESDR  receiver and a generic bluetooth gps receiver, opencpn 5.2. Problem is gps signal getting lost when i have sdr vhf activated, or ot seems so.
After initial setup, i added first bluetooth gps dongle via blueman applet and create connection in signal k. In opencpn all ok, gps signal is stable for days. But soon as i add sdr service in signal k connection, gps signal is lost in opencpn, sometimes within minutes. There is nothing wrong with hardware, same works fine under windows, and raspi has enough power. Ais signal is fine, targets are showing, but gps signal dies imediately. 
I tried feeding gps signal directly to opencpn via serial connnection, same issue. I had the same somwhow freezing of nmea imput whe monitoring in gpsmon. I did two clean reinstalls, same issue.
Raspberry has limited power for the USB interface even if you have enough power for the whole system. Try connecting the SDR to a powered USB hub.