OpenMarine

Full Version: Name to show up in NMEA 2000 instrument?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have finally got some success in my compass/IMU to nmea 2000 project. Just a little detail remaining. I want the openplotter/rPI to show up in the sources list of my B&G instruments as something fancier than "????". So how do I name my Openplotter/rPI to achieve this? Can't find any setting in SignalK.
Howdo you send data to Signal k, NMEA 0183? signal k delta?
(2020-09-14, 05:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Howdo you send data to Signal k, NMEA 0183? signal k delta?

I am unsure about the terminology. It is not nmea 0183, for sure. Maybe the attached screenshot will help?

Thanks for your reply!

Edit:I use "OpenPlotter.I2C.pypilot" as source in the Signal K to NMEA 2000 plugin.
I am afraid I did not understand your question. Then, you are getting IMU data from openplotter-pypilot app and the source should be there.
Then I think the issue should be in the sk to NMEA 2000 plugin.
(2020-09-14, 06:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid I did not understand your question. Then, you are getting IMU data from openplotter-pypilot app and the source should be there.
Then I think the issue should be in the sk to NMEA 2000 plugin.

OK, I find it difficult to state my question clearly. Unfortunately I am at home now and I don't have a picture of the screen of my instrument to show you. It is mainly a cosmetic problem. The other sources are named, for example "WS 320 wind sensor" and "Triton 2", but my openplotter source is only named "????". I would like to call it something better. But the actual funcionality is good!