OpenMarine

Full Version: Realvnc server for ARM64 RaspiOs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the latest updates of today for the 64 bits RaspiOS is now also available the RealVNC server for ARM64.

RaspiOS 64 bits is now almost compleet and works very well with OpenPlotter.

Running now from an SSD HD with these small and fast boards PCIeNVMe in an alu case with USB3 connector.

For booting direct from the SSD. You need the latest Eeprom and then there is no longer needed to use an SD card.

The image of the SD and the SSD are almost the same.

You can copy from the SD to the SSD. The smallest SSD I use is 128 GB.

Bram
(2020-09-22, 10:36 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: [ -> ]With the latest updates of today for the 64 bits RaspiOS is now also available the RealVNC server for ARM64.

RaspiOS 64 bits is now almost compleet and works very well with OpenPlotter.

Running now from an SSD HD with these small and fast boards PCIeNVMe in an alu case with USB3 connector.

For booting direct from the SSD. You need the latest Eeprom and then there is no longer needed to use an SD card.

The image of the SD and the SSD are almost the same.

You can copy from the SD to the SSD. The smallest SSD I use is 128 GB.

Bram

Bram,thank you for your info regarding RaspiOS 64 bit ! Do you have information about the availability (in the future) of a path to migrate fom a 32 bit RaspiOS to a 64 one? Or should I forget about it ?
I am using same config : external mSATA SSD 128 GB in a USB 3.0 alumiium case. Works good !
Bram,
I have updated openplotter-sdr-vhf app and dependencies to work with 64bit, could you test it please?

Didier,
I am afraid migrating from 32 to 64 would be a huge task. Next OpenPlotter images will be available for 32 and 64 bit and I would recommend to start from scratch both of them. There is a planned tool to be included in openplotter settings app, a tool to make easy exporting and importing config files of different programs (openplotter, signal k, opencpn...)
Bram,
I have updated openplotter-sdr-vhf app and dependencies to work with 64bit, could you test it please?

Hi, Sailoog,

I have seen the SDR-VHF app for the RaspiOS arm 64 bits. And allready did some test.

Yes it works. However is seems less sensitive then before. However, the antenne is hanging here on the curtain rail in my office
and there are not so many AIS objects passing by. The atmosferic conditions also have some influence.

I will do some more tests with perhaps better calibration.

The most OpenPlotter applications allready work in the 64 bits version and now running my PCIe NVMe 128 GB SSD. Without an SD card in the system.

Kplex does not work and Pypilot. Moitessier not available.

Thanks for all the work you and your team have done.

Thing are running very fast now. There is now one strange effect only with Oesenc cards. Screen flashes red when making a move. The flash is very short and does not appear with CM93 and the Dutch ENC cards.

These small SSD card can placed in a small casing with an USB3.1 connector. No need for an extra power supply.

Regards,

Bram
(2020-09-24, 05:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Bram,

Didier,
I am afraid migrating from 32 to 64 would be a huge task. Next OpenPlotter images will be available for 32 and 64 bit and I would recommend to start from scratch both of them. There is a planned tool to be included in openplotter settings app, a tool to make easy exporting and importing config files of different programs (openplotter, signal k, opencpn...)

Hi Sailoog,

Happy to read you are going to release a 64 version. Do you have any idea of the timeline? (I am hoping to build a 'new' OpenPlotter system this winter- SSD and 64 bits.
My experiments with the 64 bit version so far has been a bit disappointing- I can get the basics installed and running, but so far I have not been able to read any of the sensors. 
That's no big issue, as the 32 bits version still works well enough for my needs. But, you know, faster would be nice  Cool

Thanks, as usual, for your time and effort!
It is hard to say when but we can say for sure that we will release OpenPlotter 64 only after the official Raspberry OS 64 release.