OpenMarine

Full Version: can't compile Arduino Hat using Arduino IDE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone successfully compile the Arduino hat.ino from the github repository using the Arduino IDE ?

I am getting a lot of error messages on rcswitch, maybe using the wrong library version 

Using library rc_switch-2.6.3 at version 2.6.3 in folder: C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Arduino\libraries\rc_switch-2.6.3 
Using library IRLibRecvPCI in folder: C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRLibRecvPCI (legacy)
Using library IRLib2 in folder: C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRLib2 (legacy)
Using library IRLibProtocols in folder: C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRLibProtocols (legacy)

I can post the error log when needed
Sorry about this... Did you try using "make" from a command line?
(2020-09-29, 10:51 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about this...   Did you try using "make" from a command line?
I just tried that, make is complaining as well.

ocols -IIRLib2/IRLibRecvPCI -IIRLib2/IRLibRecv -c IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.                                                                                                                                                             cpp -o obj/IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.o
IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.cpp: In member function ‘bool IRdecodeBase::MATCH(                                                                                                                                                             int16_t, int16_t)’:
IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:130:15: warning: comparison between signed and                                                                                                                                                              unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   return (val >= (uint16_t)(expected*(1.0-PERCENT_TOLERANCE/100.0)))
               ^
IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:131:15: warning: comparison between signed and                                                                                                                                                              unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       && (val <= (uint16_t)(expected*(1.0+PERCENT_TOLERANCE/100.0)));
               ^
make[1]: *** Er is geen regel om doel 'IRLib2/IRLibProtocols/IRLibHardware.o' te                                                                                                                                                              maken.  Gestopt.
make[1]: Map '/home/pi/sketchbook/ArduinoHat/hat' wordt verlaten
make: *** [Makefile:61: objs] Fout 2
you have a picky compiler treating warnings as errors
(2020-10-01, 12:19 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]you have a picky compiler treating warnings as errors
 I ran make on my openplotter raspi, what are you using?  Eclipse ?
I use emacs from the command line

Anyway, the file was missing, try updating git. Do you have an arduino wired to the spi pins on the pi? That's what this is for.
(2020-10-01, 06:15 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]I use emacs from the command line

Anyway, the file was missing, try updating git.   Do you have an arduino wired to the spi pins on the pi?  That's what this is for.

make does work now on the RPi, no luck with the Arduino IDE.
uploading the hex file with avrdude is a bit of a hassle.
Now see if I can get it to work
I just type "make upload"