OpenMarine

Full Version: pypilot_control questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 - How do I run pypilot_control? I've tried running it but get wx import errors. Apologies, I'm new to python, so fumbling around i could not find the wx packages. 

2 - I gather that I can run pypilot_control on an existing raspberry pi and connect to tinypilot. If that's true, how can I install it on an existing raspberry pi? 

thanks,
Bob
if you close the pypilot repository, you can:

cd pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install

You may have to install dependencies listed in the README. normally everything is installed already on openplotter.

Now, keep in mind, that since a month or so ago, the pypilot repository switched to a new format so you need tinypilot to run the new beta image. If not, then you need to checkout the older pypilot before installing it.
(2020-10-15, 07:12 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]if you close the pypilot repository, you can:

cd pypilot
sudo python3 setup.py install

You may have to install dependencies listed in the README.   normally everything is installed already on openplotter.

Now, keep in mind, that since a month or so ago, the pypilot repository switched to a new format so you need tinypilot to run the new beta image.   If not, then you need to checkout the older pypilot before installing it.

Thanks Sean this was helpful.  

i don't run  openplotter, my intention is to write a remote display using e- paper. this is all new to me so it's slow going but making progress.