OpenMarine

Full Version: Losing GPS signal on OpenCPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have Openplotter running on Pi3- Ihave a GPS puck plugged in- and I can get a signal from the puck to the OpenCPN. But, if I leave it running overnight- it drops the connection to the puck and I cannot get it to reconnect. Last time, I had to reinstall the software all over again. When i use the Serial utility of the Openplotter software, I get a green connection and when i use the connection utility on OpenCPN, I the drop down presents the USB port, and the name of the puck. Am I doing something wrong? I am using a Beitan GPS receiver puck. It has the u-blox GNSS receiver  inside...do I need to get a different puck?

Thanks

Ben
does it have a clear view of the sky?
unplug &plug back in? when it happens.
Are you connected via SignalK?
If that what happens if you restart just SignalK?
Thanks
Are you using USB3.0 ?
Hi-
Thank you for the responses- I was not using the USB3 port. Even when I unplugged and plugged back in it did not work. I had tried using Signal K in the past and it did not seem to work- but I reinstalled SignalK this time and it seems to be more stable. I will post again if that changes.
i had better results with an longer usb cable, versus connecting it direct to the unshielded raspberry.
especially usb3-traffic generates some digital noise to the other recievers (ais, radio or gps)