OpenMarine

Full Version: loss of signal after boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a PI4 with a motissier hat connected to a 10" touchscreen that I'm trying to setup with openplotter NOOBS version.
I have followed the instructions to the letter but after the initial bootup where it rewsizes partitions and installs lots of files it just loses video signal. If I reboot it again goes through the initial screens ok but then as soon as you think it's going to open it loses signal.
I've tried different cards, different programs to get the image on but to no avail. If I just load raspban on it works fine. I know I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what.

Video here https://youtu.be/jyU02luCN_E
I was sent this link and have been following it and I now have the basics setup and working as per this shot [attachment=1152
In the instructions it says to setup a connection in the op/settings/connections like this [attachment=1153] but when I reboot I get error messages like this [attachment=1151] So I went back and set it up localhost 3000 and no more error messages [attachment=1152]. Then the next step is to input/file or data and from the instructions you do it from sk sever connections tab here [attachment=1149] but I don't get that option I get this one [attachment=1150]am I in the right spot?
I have installed maps and they appear to be working but I have no GPS even though I have motessier hat installed with latest drivers, do I need to sort the signal k problem before anything else will work?
Cheers
Rob
(2020-11-20, 11:37 PM)com5984 Wrote: [ -> ]I was sent this link and have been following it and I now have the basics setup and working as per this shot  
In the instructions it says to setup a connection in the op/settings/connections like this  but when I reboot I get error messages like this  So I went back and set it up localhost 3000 and no more error messages . Then the next step is to input/file or data and from the instructions you do it from sk sever connections tab here  but I don't get that option I get this one am I in the right spot?
I have installed maps and they appear to be working but I have no GPS even though I have motessier hat installed with latest drivers, do I need to sort the signal k problem before anything else will work?
Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob
i think i had the same problem some days ago.
Go to OPENCPN connections and change the IP 192.168.1.95 into localhost or 10.10.10.1.
And then untag the automatic server discovery below .
Press the aply tag
save sailing
Andreas
(2020-11-21, 12:11 AM)xfactor99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-20, 11:37 PM)com5984 Wrote: [ -> ]I was sent this link and have been following it and I now have the basics setup and working as per this shot  
In the instructions it says to setup a connection in the op/settings/connections like this  but when I reboot I get error messages like this  So I went back and set it up localhost 3000 and no more error messages . Then the next step is to input/file or data and from the instructions you do it from sk sever connections tab here  but I don't get that option I get this one am I in the right spot?
Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob
i think i had the same problem some days ago.
Go to OPENCPN connections and change the IP 192.168.1.95 into localhost or 10.10.10.1.
And then untag the automatic server discovery below .
Press the aply tag
save sailing
Andreas

Thanks for replying, I changed to localhost and while diagnostics are all green I still have no gps, even running the external antennae from sailoog
Fixed 2 days to find the solution and less than a minute to fix. At least I learnt something from the ordeal Smile
problem #hdmi_safe=1
solution hdmi_safe=1