OpenMarine

Full Version: NMEA2000 alarms - trigger RPi pin and sound alarm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
there are projects who listen on the CAN bus / NMEA 2000 and will trigger on selected alarm messages and change the state of a pin.  

Since SignalK now digest and display NMEA data I'm missing a module, plugin, application that will trigger on these alarm messages 
and alter a pin on the RPi via a DC solid state  relay sound a nice loud alam horn/buzzer, light etc. 

I have looked for this with limited success, I might have overlooked it, but nevertheless I would like to have this functions present with the RPi.
Building yet another device to connect is possible, but far better to use the already present computer. 

It should be a doable job to intercept these alarm messages and use GPIO to convey the alarm to a pin.

Ole
node red
(2020-11-26, 03:53 PM)jim321 Wrote: [ -> ]node red

While Node-RED probably is the right tool, it's would be nice to have some hints for someone who are not familiar with Node-RED.

It might already bee some schemes out there that do most of what I want to set up a flow for. 

Ole
The future openplotter-iot app does what you need. It turns any GPIO high if you set a signal k notification (Thresholds) for any Signal k key. I am still working on it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1074]