OpenMarine

Full Version: Raspberry Pi-400 and OpenPlotter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks!  I just got the brand new Raspberry Pi-400 the other day.  I decided to give OpenPlotter a go, and the pre-built image didn't work.  It initially booted, but died once it got to the desktop.  I did the 'Advanced' method of installation.  So booting it normally and completing the initial install, updating and downloading prerequisites, then installing "openplotter-settings_2.6.2-stable_all.deb" from GitHub.  All of the installs went smoothly from there.  This method is clearly explained on the install page, so nothing novel here.

The Pi-400 is a great form factor.  I've tested a Pi-3 headless, with the 7" touchscreen, and an Ubuntu mini-PC, but I think this will be the winner.  This has the Pi built right into the keyboard.  I've had to drag a keyboard and monitor down to the boat to troubleshoot the others, now this is all in a neat package.  And these new Pi 4's are smoking fast!!

Following seas,

John
s/v Uisge Beatha
ASWII 98k
Galesville, MD
Current openplotter images do not work on the new Pi-400. We will burn new images ASAP.