OpenMarine

Full Version: How do I add B&G gauge info to RPi and Openplotter....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. I guess this is a repost because it was 13 months since my last confession....I mean post. So on my 1985 Raider 33 I have B&G Network Speed (not working), depth and compass which I would like to add to signal K. My RPi3 is loaded with Openplotter as well as the Motissier Hat 2 which provides the atmospheric data as well as heel, tilt, AIS and GPS. I want to create my own multifunction display in the cabin and network to a tablet via VNC while at the helm. since I have instruments in the cockpit I don't "need" the info from the instruments on openplotter but I just think it would be cool and helpful when setting depth and anchor warnings. Does anyone have any info on how to pull the data from the B&G instruments? How would I go about tapping into the wiring? I have found an old serial connector but I think it was from a GPS unit that was removed before I got the boat. Again, any info would be helpful.