OpenMarine

Full Version: Pi crashes when bridging UTP port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I misunderstood the functionality of using the UTP-port when enabling "Add Ethernet port to AP", but this is what I experience:

I have OP2 running on a RPi4 with 4 GB.
App 'Network' is version 2.1.5

Has been working for more then a year on my boat to full satisfaction, with a second (USB) WiFi-antenna.
The internal WiFi is my AP and the external connects to the marina WiFi.

My plan was to connect a camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP. So just one check-mark and a reboot and voila: camera was working!
But the Pi crashes within two minutes, each time after reboot  Dodgy
Well, it seems to still be running but WiFi fails so I cannot check anything.

Should my setup be possible or is it not intended to be used like this?

p.s. I gave the camera a fixed IP-address in the range of the WiFi-network.

Ed
(2021-04-23, 02:43 PM)Blue Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I misunderstood the functionality of using the UTP-port when enabling "Add Ethernet port to AP", but this is what I experience:

I have OP2 running on a RPi4 with 4 GB.
App 'Network' is version 2.1.5

Has been working for more then a year on my boat to full satisfaction, with a second (USB) WiFi-antenna.
The internal WiFi is my AP and the external connects to the marina WiFi.

My plan was to connect a camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP. So just one check-mark and a reboot and voila: camera was working!
But the Pi crashes within two minutes, each time after reboot  Dodgy
Well, it seems to still be running but WiFi fails so I cannot check anything.

Should my setup be possible or is it not intended to be used like this?

p.s. I gave the camera a fixed IP-address in the range of the WiFi-network.

Ed

Honestly, I have to say that connecting the camera directly to the UTP-port of the Pi and bridge the port to the AP should have worked...
Well, it did work, but only for one or two minutes. Then all network-connectivity stopped.
I've seen another post about this UTP-port bridged to the AP mentioning it should only be connected to a router. But I don't understand why...

I also vaguely remember that when I first installed OP (over a year ago) the UTP-port was enabled, with nothing attached, and the Pi also crashed after a while.