OpenMarine

Full Version: 64-bit Moitessier HAT driver for 5.10.17-v8+ kernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning! This is unofficial, unsupported custom build of the driver code available on github.

A brief backstory. I'm using Moitessier HAT 2. I'm also using influxdb to collect all data on a boat, and so over a season a lot of data get collected. In fact so much, that 32-bit influxdb becames unstable and stop working for me. Quick investigation showed that the same 32-bit version of influxdb works just fine under 64-bit kernel (v8+). Since that very moment I was hoping to see Moitessier HAT driver for 64-bit kernel one day.

The binary attached is based on official 2.2.1 driver release, I just took the .deb file apart and added new binaries for 5.10.17-v8+.

Running the original driver code from mr-rooney, I've got kernel log flooded with error messages that didn't seem to affect functionality, but still were quite annoing. So I had to fix those. This change is published in a fork repo here on github: https://github.com/qa2yn2pu/moitessier-m...moitessier

The actual build process is straight forward. To build modified driver I'm using RPI 4 running recently released 64-bit variant of BBN Marine OS which has both 64-bit kernel and 64-bit userspace. But it is also possible to use a regular PC with appropriate toolchain. In my case, I just needed to use rpi-source to fetch source code for the running kernel and then run make for driver code according to instructions available. Put freshly build binaries into the package with appropriate suffix (5.10.17-v8+) and assemble back a .deb file.
Brief testing looks promissing.
Let me know if more details needed. 

It doesn't like .deb attachments, so I couldn't attach the package. I would appriciate a suggestion of reliable way to share if anyone is interested.
Update: 
As suggested by @Sailoog, package is published as a release on github.
thanks for sharing. Hopefully rooco guys can publish a 64 version soon.

you can upload the deb package to the "Releases" section in your github project page