OpenMarine

Full Version: GPS position data missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disclaimer: Although I have played around with RPi's in the past, I'm completely new to Openplotter. 

I've installed openplotter on a RPi 4B with a U-blox 7 USB GPS dongle. I've added the device through serial and connected to Signal K at 9600 Baud. Signal K receives data fromt he dongle such as satellite count etc but the lat and long are both "null". OpenCPN also doesn't show the correct position, presumably due to lat long missing. 

Any ideas?
Let the dongle have a clear view of the sky and leave it a while
Thanks for the quick response! I've had it sitting outside for about 2 hours now, satellite count ranges from around 12 to 16.

Edit: Just went back to check and it's got position now. Hopefully it won't take that long every time it boots up Smile
(2021-07-16, 07:45 AM)ash_perry Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response! I've had it sitting outside for about 2 hours now, satellite count ranges from around 12 to 16.

Edit: Just went back to check and it's got position now. Hopefully it won't take that long every time it boots up Smile

Some need a while to update their internal list from the satellites first time round so should be much quicker next time, to unplugging and plugging in again.