OpenMarine

Full Version: Failed to build pypilot in tinycore (tinypilot)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried to build the latest version of pypilot in tinypilot.

I followed the steps in the workbook described in step 11 (updating pypilot) starting with the tinypilotimage from 27. Oct. 2020

When running pypilot.build I got the following messages (faults in red):

checking for RTIMULIB2...done
checking for serial...done
checking for numpy...done
checking for scipy...done
checking for libpython3-dev...libpython3-dev not found
sudo: apt: command not found
failed to install libpython3-dev
checking for swig...swig not found
failed to install swig
checking for ujson...done
checking for pyudev...done
checking for zeroconf...done
checking for requests...done
checking for websocket...done
checking for pil...done
checking for wiringpi...wiringpi not found
failed to install wiringpi
checking for flask...done
checking for gevent-websocket...done
checking for python-socketio...done
checking for flask-socketio...flask-socketio not found
failed to install via apt, trying with pip flask-socketio
Collecting flask-socketio==5
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/flask-socketio/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement flask-socketio==5 (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for flask-socketio==5
failed to install dependency
failed to install flask-socketio
checking for flask-babel...failed to import flask-babel
flask-babel not found
failed to install via apt, trying with pip flask-babel
Collecting flask-babel
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/flask-babel/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement flask-babel (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for flask-babel
failed to install flask-babel
checking for python3-wxgtk4.0...python3-wxgtk4.0 not found
failed to install python3-wxgtk4.0
checking for opengl...failed to import opengl
opengl not found
failed to install via apt, trying with pip opengl
Collecting opengl
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/opengl/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement opengl (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for opengl
failed to install opengl
checking for pyglet...failed to import pyglet
pyglet not found
failed to install via apt, trying with pip pyglet
Collecting pyglet
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/pyglet/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyglet (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pyglet
failed to install pyglet
checking for pywavefront...failed to import pywavefront
pywavefront not found
failed to install via apt, trying with pip pywavefront
Collecting pywavefront
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/pywavefront/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywavefront (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pywavefront
failed to install pywavefront
checking for data...done

summary of pypilot dependencies
autopilot core autopilot or imu-only mode:failed to install swig
optimize (recommended) core autopilot operations:SUCCESS
signalk communicate with signalk-node-server distributed with openploter:SUCCESS
hat SPI lcd keypad, and remote control interface:failed to install wiringpi
web web browser control:failed to install flask-babel
python_gui python scripts for control and configuration:failed to install pywavefront
data data files used by various pypilot components:SUCCESS

running build....

then I got the messages from building it with some warnings and some messages like that:
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ sudo: apt: command not found
-sh: sudo:: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ failed to install python3-wxgtk4.0
-sh: failed: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ checking for opengl...failed to import opengl
-sh: checking: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ opengl not found
-sh: opengl: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ sudo: apt: command not found
-sh: sudo:: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ failed to install via apt, trying with pip open
gl
-sh: failed: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$ Collecting opengl
-sh: Collecting: not found
tc@box:~/pypilot-update/pypilot$   Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/s
imple/opengl/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFI
CATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749) - skipping

When using the "old" version and build it there are also some warnings during compilation but no faults like above. At the End all works fine.

It seems that some needed packages in tinycorelinux are missing?
Before I waste time, there is another trick or is it correct to assume that the missing packages have to be installed.
Other suggestions?

I tried to build it in tinycore cause I want to test the latest changes like tacking etc. When just using and updating the specific files for tacking etc. it´s possible to build it with the "old" pypilot.build file but then I got a non working version of pypilot (no connection to OC etc.). I got problems like described in this thread: Webapp - No connection (newest op image)
and so I decided to try to build a new version in tinycore.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas
Hi,

Sorry the stable tinypilot image is a bit out of date.

You should try again using the unstable branch especially if you want to try tacking, however I have made changes outside of pypilot. I expect to release as soon as I can do some trials.

Sean
Hi Sean,

a few weeks ago I tried to rebuild pypilot in tinypilot with some updated files. I only use the files for tacking, cause I just want to test them. Building with the tinypilotimage from 27 Oct. 2020 was possible without any faults but at the end the tacking feature does not work. Meantime some changes made at theese files and now I tried it again. This time I want to build a new version with all new files but I run into the faults I wrote above.

The unstable version you wrote about is this the branch unstable under pypilot/pypilot ? or is there a unstable version of tinypilot and where to find? 

When using the branch unstable under pypilot/pypilot and clone it and then build it under tinycore does this not end in the same probs like using the stable branch?

I´ll try it and give feed back.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas
Hi,

ok tried the files of the unstable branch under pypilot/pypilot.

When running build I got a message: system does not support apt, you can try running dependencies script and/or manually install needed packages

compiling seems to work but the compiled tinypilot won´t work. The web gui is broken and don´t react.

I´ll try it once more.

Best regards

Andreas
yes, the web gui wont work as it depends on packages outside of pypilot. does something besides the web not work? I could upload an unstable image if you really want to try, there are many changes and I have more to do before releasing it.
Hi Sean,

no, it´s not necessary that you upload a new image.
I just want to build pypilot with the tinypilotimage and run into troubles. Now I know that the missing dependencies are due to the used tinylinux version.
If I find the time I´ll try to get theese missing parts installed to tinylinux but I have to admit, that tinycorelinux is somtimes a miracle for me.

Best regards

Andreas
it is not so easy to work with, so probably easier to wait until I upload an image. Sorry for the delay I am just trying to optimize my time and making a lot of releases is not my strong point.
(2021-07-31, 01:13 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]it is not so easy to work with, so probably easier to wait until I upload an image.   Sorry for the delay I am just trying to optimize my time and making a lot of releases is not my strong point.

Hi,

Sean, belive me, I know this situation. Time is one of the (the one) treasure of live. So there is nothing to apologize for. 
Best regards

Andreas