OpenMarine

Full Version: Connect to Internet while headless?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per title, I'm in headless mode using my tablet to connect to OpenPlotter on a Raspberry Pi. As such it's using the Pi's wifi to connect my tablet and therefore I can't download oesenc plugin for opencpn. Is there a way around this? I don't have a monitor so need to connect headless, I also only have wifi (no cables) as I'm on a marina.
(2021-08-16, 01:23 PM)daithi23 Wrote: [ -> ]As per title, I'm in headless mode using my tablet to connect to OpenPlotter on a Raspberry Pi. As such it's using the Pi's wifi to connect my tablet and therefore I can't download oesenc plugin for opencpn. Is there a way around this? I don't have a monitor so need to connect headless, I also only have wifi (no cables) as I'm on a marina.

You used to be able to configure the OPENPLOTTER RPi WiFi to be both an access point (for your tablet) and a client onto your marina WiFi ?
It used to be a little flaky so I'm not sure if that can still be done on current version

Personally I would add a second WIFI dongle and dedicate on the board WiFi to be the access point and configure the USB dongle to client use.