OpenMarine

Full Version: NB-IoT Data SIM and devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Id like my OpenPlotter RPi to send packets of data when my boat is unattended. Things like battery voltages, bilge switch status etc etc.
I currently do that using an on-board MiFi router and a GSM connection which works OK but Id like to reduce the traffic down to Kb rather than Mb
I'd like to setup a NB-IoT connection so I was wondering if anyone else had played with NB-IoT SIMS and devices ?
Thanks
another option would be to stick with the gsm but just send some mqtt every few minutes from node-red, then either just monitor that on a webpage or configure an IOT service. MQTT send small packets.
Paddy
Thanks, I already send MQTT data every 10 minutes from Greece to the UK with a simple £10 per month PAYG SIM and if Vodafone weren't going to introduce a daily roaming charge (£1 per day) from 1st Jan Id leave the setup as it is. 
Having found IoT Data SIMS with a total charge of 10 Euros for 10 years ! my interest in IoT has been sparked
Steve