OpenMarine

Full Version: How do I get the Maps to show on remote device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have OpenPlotter set up with OpenCPN on my Raspi, once I connect to this network with my smartphone or tablet with OpenCPN installed ... how would I access the maps installed at the Raspi?

I know i could use the VNC Viewer to log onto the Raspi screen, but isn't there a simpler way also to control/navigate with opencpn at the smartphone? Also how do i get the GPS/depth/... sensor data to show on my smartphone?

Thanks in advance
(2021-09-02, 08:44 AM)Surfer2010 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have OpenPlotter set up with OpenCPN on my Raspi, once I connect to this network with my smartphone or tablet with OpenCPN installed ... how would I access the maps installed at the Raspi?

I know i could use the VNC Viewer to log onto the Raspi screen, but isn't there a simpler way also to control/navigate with opencpn at the smartphone? Also how do i get the GPS/depth/... sensor data to show on my smartphone?

Thanks in advance

Install maps on the tablet/phone. Maps are just maps but if you are interested in seeing the route you have set on the Pi on the tablet/phone then OCPN does not support this. VNC is the way I do this. As for sensor data on the phone use KIP in a browser or the data browser in Signal K or use an app like WilhelmSK (IOS only). To get to KiP and SignalK go to “<ip_address_raspi>:3000” and find the plug-in page, see if KIP is listed and if not install it from the dashboard section of the openplotter settings menu