OpenMarine

Full Version: B&G H1000 Support Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone out there with a B&G H1000 system will feel my pain.  This is good quality equipment that is now outdated and abandoned by the manufacturer.  I set out to replace the chartplotter and bring my system into the 21st century, and I have finally done it.  It took months of research, as the H1000 system uses proprietary cabling and protocols.  But it CAN BE DONE!!  Don't spend $10K on a new system until you stop here first.

If you've got one and you're struggling...post here.
(2021-10-21, 01:29 AM)Island_Moose Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone out there with a B&G H1000 system will feel my pain.  This is good quality equipment that is now outdated and abandoned by the manufacturer.  I set out to replace the chartplotter and bring my system into the 21st century, and I have finally done it.  It took months of research, as the H1000 system uses proprietary cabling and protocols.  But it CAN BE DONE!!  Don't spend $10K on a new system until you stop here first.

If you've got one and you're struggling...post here.

Hello Moose,

I'll have one shortly. It's attached to my new (old) boat, a Scampi 30. While I'm still working on the delivery, I'd like to prepare for the integration of this old B&G hardware into my OpenCPN system (which I've recently started to collect for assembly). Since I can't find any Raspberry Pis, I've loaded OpenPlotter onto an old Netbook. I'm looking forward to putting everything together. Any wisdom which you can provide will certainly be appreciated.
Hi @Island_Moose,

I have a B&G H1000 system, including in particular an autopilot.
Unfortunately, the autopilot control panel is not waterproof anymore. I plan to sail on longer navigations, and even to sail for a year around the atlantic in a few years. So this situation isn't acceptable.
Besides, this autopilot is not completely reliable, it tends to turn off sometimes without explanation.

I would like :
- initially if possible, replace only the autopilot control panel with a solution based on OpenPlotter / pypilot
- in a second step perhaps, replace other electronic parts of the autopilot system

Is the first step possible ?

Thanks !