OpenMarine

Full Version: how to connect xbox controller by bluetooth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried all the tutorials I can find (eg https://howchoo.com/pi/xbox-controller-raspberry-pi for connecting my new X-box One wireless controller but cannot get it to work. Please help!
If I connect it by USB cable I can get as far as the jstest and I see the data changing when I press buttons or move joystick. But then when I try to do 
Code:
sudo xboxdrv --detach-kernel-driver --silent --mouse
[size=undefined]
 I get a 'no xbox found' error.[/size]

When I try to connect by bluetooth, the Pi says it is connected, but the button on the controller just keeps flashing, and the jstest command shows no changes. If I press the small button on the front of the controller, then it flashes even faster.
I have tried connecting both by terminal command line (SSH from powershell on my laptop) and by GUI (USB wireless keyboard) but no joy (I am using the openplotter desktop - everything updated to the latest).
Obviously what I am wanting is for the Pi to boot up, and then to automatically connect, by bluetooth, when I press the top button on the controller.
Totally stuck, please can someone walk through how to fix this? I am guessing I maybe need to undo some steps? I did try the 'remove [MAC address]' and retry but that didn't work.