OpenMarine

Full Version: Rpi 4B 2 Gb not booting from image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Just tried to install openplottervon a new rpi 4B, 2 Gb.

Unfortunately it wont’t boot.

Doing similar installs on a rpi3 worked fine.

I tried all three basic images (starting, headless and hat).

All gave same issue: 4 long, followed by 4 short green led flashes.

I burned the sd with the raspberrybpi installer (custom option).
Using same software, same sd card, burning standard rpi image, the rpi boots fine.

Looking at the error led message, it suggests the boot section of openplotter might need annupdate to work with the latest rpi4 firmware?
I think you have to install openplotter manual:

Advanced
To Install OpenPlotter on any computer running a Linux Debian derivative system (Raspberry PI OS, Ubuntu, Linux Mint…) you have to install the dependencies.

Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson python3-pyudev whois vlc
Now you have to install the main app openplotter-setting from the .deb file you can download from the Advanced section in downloading chapter.

After downloading the .deb file, you can install it by double click or typing this in a terminal:

sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-stable.deb
Every time OpenPlotter needs to perform an action that requires administrator permission, it will ask for the password. To avoid having to continuously enter your administrator password you can add your user to the sudoers list. Do this only if you know what you are doing:

sudo visudo
Add this line to the end of the document and save:

myuser ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Thanks. Was hoping to avoid that and use the standard image. It is said to support the rpi 4, right?
I've installed the headless image here on a Pi4 without any problems before >

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...ading.html

The Pi4 does need quite a bit more power than the 3 though - is it connected to a good power supply?
(2022-01-18, 07:18 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed the headless image here on a Pi4 without any problems before >

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...ading.html

The Pi4 does need quite a bit more power than the 3 though - is it connected to a good power supply?

15watt 
And it boots fine on a standard rpi os. 
It is not a power issue.
I do not have that problem using a RPi4 with 4GB and 8GB. Never tested on RPi4 with 2GB. Anyone with the same issue?
Same problem here:

Pi 4 2GB wont boot the headless image.

Image boots fine on a 3b+.

Any hints or tips?
also in my case
Rsapberry 4 2 GB. headless image does not boot.

green leed sends 4 flashes.
Image installed with Raspberry imager on a 64GB and a 32 GB SanDisk, both do not work.

Regards
Thomas
When were these non-working rpi’s procured? Recently?

I installed on an old rpi 4b 8gb, which worked fine.
But, noticed i can’t apt-get update, as openplotter is running an old os version.

Looking at the error led flashes I suspect these rpi’s run a newer firmware, which is not supported by the (by now) older openplotter boot/base os version.

In the next day or so will see if i can look at UI errors generated (if any) by the new 2gb rpi 4.
In my and Thomas case the pi has been bought two weeks ago.

The idea with the firmware sounds reasonable. I'm looking foreward to your tests - fingers crossed.

Best regards

Michael
Pages: 1 2 3