OpenMarine

Full Version: Small Notifications problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I re-boot my Pi4 & OP2 is staring the "Check system" stalls at Notifications, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then continues but finishes with a warning.

I have to go to Access request & re-set the Notifications to read/write then approve and all is well until I reboot again - then it all happens again - it's back to read only!!

Doesn't happen if I restart SK.

SK v1.41.3, Notifications v2.0.2

[attachment=1715]
that is really strange, I can not reproduce this. Maybe a corrupt file?
delete /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file and restarts signal k. You will keep your settings but you will need to set the login credentials again.
(2022-02-17, 08:05 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]that is really strange, I can not reproduce this. Maybe a corrupt file?
delete /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file and restarts signal k. You will keep your settings but you will need to set the login credentials again.

Thanks Sailoog, I'll give that a try.

It's not a real drama.
I'm facing a similar issue. Well, is excatly the same except that I don't experience the 10-15min delay.

This are the steps I followed:

1) Delete .signalk/security.json
2) Reboot RPi
3) Give read/write permission to both access requests with timeout "NEVER"
4) Reboot
5) Check that there is a new permission request:

[attachment=1721]
[attachment=1722]

Please note that .signalk/security.json already has this devices registered with read/write permissions AND with the same clientId:

Code:
 "devices": [
   {
     "clientId": "18707963-dde9-4400-afc9-10d6a7a34287",
     "permissions": "readwrite",
     "description": "OpenPlotter GPIO"
   },
   {
     "clientId": "d63c3f73-cb5c-425a-9866-a2e03679e57c",
     "permissions": "readwrite",
     "description": "OpenPlotter NOTIFICATIONS"
   }
 ]

Also note that there are no issues remembering the access permissions with other devices (like a remote ESP32 with SensESP)

To add a bit more context the system check return this on boot:

Code:
Checking Notifications...
↳The access request must be aproved with read/write permission in Signal K administrator.
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | Seatalk 1 disabled | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | GPIO service not running
↳ ↳The access request must be aproved with read/write permission in Signal K administrator.

And this on any posterior check:

Code:
Checking Notifications...
↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str.
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | Seatalk 1 disabled | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | GPIO service not running
↳ ↳Error requesting access to Signal K server: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str.
Moltes gracies MigGat per aquest report, clarament hi ha alguna cosa que no funciona com ho hauria de fer i aquest error es una gran pista.

I will try to reproduce this. Is this OpenPlotter 2 or 3. Signal K version?
I ara, reportar és el mínim que puc fer!

This is OP2, with SignalK 1.41.3

Tested also on OP3 and the error is not there, but I’m not sure which SignalK version I have there.
Any progress on this??

I deleted /home/pi/.signalk/security.json file but still does it every reboot - I timed it 13 minutes for "Checking notifications" to do it's stuff & then have to approve again.

No real drama, I know you are real busy Sailoog so I'll just wait till V3 is ready. Smile
I can not reproduce this issue and I have no idea. Let me do more tests...
Further on this, I uninstalled the Notifications app, with the intention of reinstalling it later, but now I get the exact same thing happening with "Checking GPIO".

It checks for a while, then SK starts but with a warning.

I have to go to Access request & re-set the GPIO to read/write then approve and all is well until I reboot again - then it all happens again - it's back to read only!!
I have a theory, maybe your SK server has not started yet but the notifications app tries to check the status of the connection and when the server does not reply the app makes a request again. But that read only status kills me, it does not make sense... I will work on OpenPlotter Notofcations 3 this weekend and maybe can I find out something.