OpenMarine

Full Version: max_rudder_fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I just installed  pypilot and I'm now at the calibration stage but I got the message 'max_rudder_fault'

The rudder position potentiometer is a 5 kohm. The rudder is centered and I got a resistance of 2.8 on port and 2.7 on starboard. What could be wrong ?

many thanks for your help

all the best
Elea
can you measure the voltage of the feedback wire (center pin) ? Perhaps it is wired wrong?
(2022-04-11, 05:29 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]can you measure the voltage of the feedback wire (center pin) ?   Perhaps it is wired wrong?

sure, the rudder is centered, I've got 5.02V between black and red wire, -0.6V yellow-red and  + 4.4V yellow-black.
Should I expect 2.5v on both sides ?

thx

elea
yes you should expect approx 2.5v when rudder is centered. Can you rotate the sensor until it is 2.5v and align this to when rudder is centered?

Also ensure it is really black, if it is blue instead, the wiring is completely different.
(2022-04-11, 06:09 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]yes  you should expect approx 2.5v when rudder is centered.   Can you rotate the sensor until it is 2.5v and align this to when rudder is centered?

Also ensure it is really black, if it is blue instead, the wiring is completely different.
from the controler I've got brown blue yellow which are corresponding after the waterproof connection to red yellow black...
so at the board level I've got 5v between brown yellow, 0.6 between brown blue and +4.4 between blue yellow

I will move the sensor tomorrow morning and will let you know
tx
(2022-04-11, 06:46 AM)Elea Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-11, 06:09 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]yes  you should expect approx 2.5v when rudder is centered.   Can you rotate the sensor until it is 2.5v and align this to when rudder is centered?

from the controler I've got brown blue yellow which are corresponding after the waterproof connection to red yellow black...
so at the board level I've got 5v between brown yellow, 0.6 between brown blue and +4.4 between blue yellow

I will move the sensor tomorrow morning and will let you know
tx

Hi Sean,

My mistake, I've got wrong with the wiring. now things are fine

tx