OpenMarine

Full Version: Custom virtual keyboard layouts wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have included the virtual keyboard to openplotter-settings app in OpenPlotter 3 and we need to include different layouts for different languages:

[attachment=1814]

We have created a layout for Catalan as example with the main characters and symbols used in the marine environment for this language:

[attachment=1815]

For example if you want to create the French version, create a text file with this content:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keyboard>

<!--

Basic keyboard layout

-->

<options>
<!-- not yet implemented -->
</options>

<layout id="OpenPlotter QWERTY-FR">
   <include file="base-fragment-fr_FR.xml"/>
</layout>
</keyboard>

and save it as keyboard-FR.xml in /usr/share/matchbox-keyboard

Then edit the file base-fragment-fr_FR.xml that you will find in /usr/share/matchbox-keyboard until you are happy with the result and finally post in this thread both files keyboard-FR.xml and base-fragment-fr_FR.xml to be added to the next version of openplotter-settings.

These base-fragment files are just drafts and need some edition, if you have any doubt check our file base-fragment-CAT.xml to see how things work. If you use any custom images, please post them in this thread as well.

thanks!
(2022-05-29, 06:49 PM)Hi all !   I am using the attached keyboard version for french, and it is 100% operational. Also, I use a toggle type implementation, which uses the same button to display or hide the keyboard on the screen which is very comfortable.  It was inspired by an artcle of the well known site Pimylifeup : matchbox keyboardP.S. It seems impossible to add an attachment with an .xml extension, or with a 7z extension on this forum ... So sorry ... Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]We have included the virtual keyboard to openplotter-settings app in OpenPlotter 3 and we need to include different layouts for different languages:

We have created a layout for Catalan as example with the main characters and symbols used in the marine environment for this language:

For example if you want to create the French version, create a text file with this content:

Code:
<keyboard>

<!--

Basic keyboard layout

-->

<options>
</options>

</layout>
</keyboard>

Then edit the file base-fragment-fr_FR.xml that you will find in /usr/share/matchbox-keyboard until you are happy with the result and finally post in this thread both files keyboard-FR.xml and base-fragment-fr_FR.xml to be added to the next version of openplotter-settings.

These base-fragment files are just drafts and need some edition, if you have any doubt check our file base-fragment-CAT.xml to see how things work. If you use any custom images, please post them in this thread as well.

thanks!
can you use zip format?
I'm not seeing the menu header for the keyboard, it doesn't seem to matter which keyboard I select, and so I can't close it once it's displayed, I'm a beginner at Rpi and Linux but managed to install the necessary software....
Should be a photo showing the problem.
(2023-08-22, 12:49 PM)Kennyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Je ne vois pas l'en-tête du menu du clavier, le clavier que je sélectionne n'a pas d'importance, et donc je ne peux pas le fermer une fois affiché, je suis débutant sous Rpi et Linux mais j'ai réussi à installer le logiciel nécessaire....
Devrait être une photo montrant le problème.
Bonjour, après avoir installé la version V3 sur la même configuration que la V2, le clavier virtuel qui apparaît est amputé de la première ligne, je ne peux donc pas non plus le fermer, que se passe-t-il?
Suggestion for all kayboards : the 'CTRL' key should be included ! think of 'CTRL' + Q to close OpenCpn when in full-screen mode !
(2022-05-29, 06:49 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]We have included the virtual keyboard to openplotter-settings app in OpenPlotter 3 and we need to include different layouts for different languages:

Code:
<keyboard>

<!--

Basic keyboard layout

-->

<options>
</options>

</layout>
</keyboard>

thanks!

Thanks this is very helpful to me