OpenMarine

Full Version: Panic button, take-over switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a take-over switch to manual steering in case of panic.
(rpi 4, pypilot latest update, 3.5 inch touchscreen gpio, motor ino set to vnh2sp30: ina to D2, inb to D3, pwm D9, rudderfeedback D4=D5=ground so 5 volt setting for hallsensor, hydraulic 24 volt steering pump with faults for manual steering pump)
As i read no need to end stop rudder switches because the feedback and calibration. 
So can I use D7 and D8 by relay's switch to the ground to end motor steering and take-over to handsteering??
Or is there a better way? Just switch off the power of the arduino nano and pump? Huh
(2022-05-30, 11:24 AM)ReinierD Wrote: [ -> ]Or is there a better way? Just switch off the power of the arduino nano and pump? Huh

That's what I did. A simple manual switch, placed at the helm, shutting off power supply to the motor controller. This releases the solenoid valve, allowing the hydraulic fluid to bypass the pump, and I can get instant manual control of the rudder. 
Actually, in normal operation, it takes about 2-5 seconds from the moment I deactivate the AP, until the clutch is released. If you don't know about this, you can get pretty stressed during this waiting time. Is there a way to reduce this time in the settings?
it is better to not change/rely on software for this, so use hardware switches that disconnect the clutch.

I will look in the delay in releasing the clutch. 5 seconds seems long. Can you test it some more?
My plan for this is to include a kill switch (like the kind found on outboards), complete with lanyard, in series with the solenoid circuit. Maybe there's a more elegant place for it, but that would be sure-fire. Simply yank the lanyard to take over control.