OpenMarine

Full Version: Signal K filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’d love some help to understand how the SignalK filter should be set up.

My Pi gets clogged up, probably because there is too much data coming in, from the USB GPS and Canbus/SeatalkNG. So I want to filter out all unnecessary Signal K keys and only let through the useful data, such as position, SOG, etc.
Should I use filter or priority to achieve this? I guess filter, right?

For example, I want to filter out all Signal K keys starting with navigation.gnss, except for navigation.gnss.position.latitude and .longitude.

Is that possible using wildcards?
How does the “replacement *” setting work?

Could someone please show me an example of how to setup the filter?
(2022-06-22, 08:51 AM)robbie Wrote: [ -> ]I’d love some help to understand how the SignalK filter should be set up.

My Pi gets clogged up, probably because there is too much data coming in, from the USB GPS and Canbus/SeatalkNG. So I want to filter out all unnecessary Signal K keys and only let through the useful data, such as position, SOG, etc.
Should I use filter or priority to achieve this? I guess filter, right?

For example, I want to filter out all Signal K keys starting with navigation.gnss, except for navigation.gnss.position.latitude and .longitude.

Is that possible using wildcards?
How does the “replacement *” setting work?

Could someone please show me an example of how to setup the filter?

For the usb gps you can just allow through the sentences you want, check the data browser to see which ones have the data you want. Not so sure about nmea2000.
[Image: VhMOUpk.png]
Aha, fantastic, that's a great start! Thanks!

I'd also like to use the filter/priority. Anyone with an example please? (I've read the docs...).
How should I use the wildcard/replacement setting?