OpenMarine

Full Version: Problems sending AIS data to plotter via N2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I am trying to get AIS to my Garmin GPSMap 527xs plotter but I'm running into some problems. I have an RPi4 with a PICAN-M hat and RTL-SDR dongle, running OpenPlotter 3.

Almost everything works great - I am getting good reception from the SDR and feeding targets into SignalK, and I am able to pass NMEA0183 AIS targets via wifi to my Navionics app. I also have no problems receiving other data from the plotter via NMEA2000 (position, speed, depth etc). 

However, I cannot get the AIS NMEA2000 output to work properly. I activated the SignalK-to-NMEA2K plugin and the server log shows it outputting AIS data over N2K. But my Garmin plotter is only picking up 1-3 targets immediately after booting up. These targets are then marked as lost, and then the list of targets shows empty. If I reboot the plotter, I get the same result (a couple of stale initial targets quickly disappearing). 

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong and what steps I could take to fix t?
Addendum:

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but I'm also getting errors in my SignalK server log when I power on the Garmin plotter:

"invalid input to toNmeaDegreesLatitude: 214.7483646"